Humanity: -1,216

Murders: 2
Bandit Kills: 4
Deaths: 4
Zombies Killed: 198

I'm a bandit!
Nah, just messing.

A thought on choppers:

It's my understanding that there's currently only one player accessible chopper in the server -a little bird.

Tried to make a point yesterday on the server (wasn't very warmly received):

If one person/group has a chopper, isn't the only applicable term 'monopoly'? One person/group with one chopper means one person/group in a position to map the map and find bases/vehicles.

It isn't really a concern of mine - I don't use the base building feature. Static defence is a fool's game, and anyone can crack open/enter a static position if they're determined enough. Concealment works a lot better imo for storing gear.

But if there were a second chopper, it'd even the playing field - one person owning 100% of the air power = monopoly.
Two people/groups with 1 aircraft each (and the flaw with this plan is the lucky person who currently owns the little bird owning the other chopper) = challenge. It cancels out all impunity.

Anyways, just a thought. Love the server, super stable and challenging. :)

Post subject: Re: QQ-ing...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:14 pm 

IGN: Deathdude
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 96.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 14
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 26
Zombies Killed: 2,053

I'm not a bandit!
there is a second chopper, there are also bi-planes (2 planes and 2 choppers i believe)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:04 pm 

No Gamer Profile
If we don't control the chopper, we try to get our hands on a biplane. Once we get the biplane, we try to find and take the chopper. I've never seen the chopper stay in a single persons posession for more than 3 days, ever. There are some fine trackers on the server and they always seem to be able to rip the chopper from our grasps no matter how hard we hold onto it. I love it. And as far as biplanes go, those cycle daily. Not many ppl can fly them well enough to keep them for very long.

And as for one person owning 100% of the air, that has never happened here. There are people that are feared when they are in the air, but no one ever owns 100% of the air. Maybe after you spend some time on the server u will see this.

We are and have been searching for the chopper. Whoever has it now is good at hiding it. We have been looking for a few days now. The ultimate prize, the chopper, will only be yours for so long!

As for static bases being for fools...I will set up a base with tents and place a dmr in it and you can see how well you can access it. You have made a lot of predetermined assumptions and haven't even been here a week. Enjoy the server. Many of us like these changes. If we wanted normal lame vanilla playstyle, we would play on a server with those settings ;)

I will post those coordinates today.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 pm 

No Gamer Profile
And on a side note, if there were more than one chopper, I am pretty sure they will both be controller by the same group the majority of the time making your playing field even more skewed. Multiple choppers is horrible in my opinion. If we had one, we would have them all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:45 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
I agree with Omen, couldn't say it better^^

Think this is the endgame for a lot of squads and it's nice if it only goes about 1 chopper. Pretty sure if a squad would have 1 chopper while there are 3 on the server it would be very easy for them to pick them all up and then they would dominate way harder compared when they have only one

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:36 am 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
Well at least you're not asking for the huey, like a lot of newbies to the server are keen to do...because we all miss getting raped at the coast by bandits in a huey amirite? At least with the current set-up, anyone in any kind of air-vehicle has to get out of it if they want a kill, instead of just spraying M240 rounds from the relative safety of the gunner seat. TBH, the chopper isn't even the strongest air-vehicle currently in the server, it's the bi-plane. What's deadlier than an attack from the air? One that you can't hear coming:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:30 am 

No Gamer Profile
i liked this one: http://youtu.be/kWqj1Pivy44?t=8m33s

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:06 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
You have played on our server for a total of 6 hours, during which time the little bird hasn't even been spawned.

Our server will never be about helicopters, there are enough random private hives with over 9000 choppers. These servers have totally cheapened helicopters for everyone who didn't start playing back in the public hive days now anyway. Not to mention that helicopters potentially invalidate base building and expose player camps and vehicles in general.

Helicopters in DayZ should always be an extremely rare thing. As Omen rightly says no one group has ever held the little bird on our server. Indeed because of the low chance to spawn the little bird spends more of its time waiting to spawn than it does in game.

Let's take the last month for example, the little bird spawned 3 times and the maximum amount of time it spent alive was 4 days. Each of these 3 spawns was grabbed and eventually crashed or shot down by a separate group of players.