Current Life: 9.3 hrs
Time Alive: 315.0 hrs
Humanity: -384,739

Murders: 200
Bandit Kills: 102
Deaths: 168
Zombies Killed: 3,105

I'm a bandit!
From what i read in the patch notes Zeds should only do 50 damage per attack if a player is knocked out, i got this from the 1.7.7 patch notes: "When unconscious all damage is reduced to 50 blood for each hit zeds do no matter the part they hit. (Should allow some survivability)"

Now i do not know if they have changed it since in 1.7.7.1 but i looked and couldn't find any indication that they have, Anyway I was just wondering if this was in effect on the ZeroSurvival servers, as i was knocked out at 12k health and every zombie attack took atleast 1000 off of me which I thought was unusual and an awful way to die in the event :/

Post subject: Re: Zed damage in the event
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Unfortunately dayz is a mod an sometimes weird shit just likes to happen for no apparent reason at all. I couldn't say without seeing the incident what exactly could have possibly caused it but I know this much:

The variables for zed damage are in a clientside file which I do not alter in any way, any damage from zombies on our servers is normal 1.7.7+ levels. The only thing I have changed is their chance to infect you and the maximum number that spawn in certain conditions.

I know a couple of players had some weirdness with zombies in the event, but the majority we were spectating had none at all. For future games the best we can advise is a relog if you are having problems. I will also try and prepare some fresh files with some more of the un-needed code from the main server like basebuilding stripped out for the next one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:04 pm 

IGN: ConnorGriffiths
Current Life: 9.3 hrs
Time Alive: 315.0 hrs
Humanity: -384,739

Murders: 200
Bandit Kills: 102
Deaths: 168
Zombies Killed: 3,105

I'm a bandit!
It's okay, it's just dayz being dayz i guess, just an extremely frustrating way to die, probably didn't register me as being knocked out and the zed just continued to hit me as if it was hitting me stood up in the head doing 1200 damage per hit, thats the only way i can see it happening as it did.

I think for the next event ill stay way clear of zombies after finding a gun :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:33 am 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
I will also try and prepare some fresh files with some more of the un-needed code from the main server like basebuilding stripped out for the next one.

I quite like this focus. I know there have been talks of new maps/new levels/extra servers/more mods but focusing on creating a solid event environment would be something new and different that many servers do not have.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
tomisafish wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
I will also try and prepare some fresh files with some more of the un-needed code from the main server like basebuilding stripped out for the next one.

I quite like this focus. I know there have been talks of new maps/new levels/extra servers/more mods but focusing on creating a solid event environment would be something new and different that many servers do not have.

Yup I agree, I forked all of my code last weekend and now have two totally separate code bases, one for events and one the main server. It's twice the amount of work at times but its a much neater solution.

The events server gained a whole bunch of new code yesterday for targeted crash sites and bombing raids. I'm going to continue customizing it and stripping out unneeded features whilst adding in cool shit for events. Hopefully we can test it this weekend maybe for another survivor games.