Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Bye Bye Tents

Post subject: Bye Bye Tents
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:56 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Well...this sucks. They made it so tents are pretty useless now, on purpose.

You can no longer hide a tent under a tree. As if they weren't hard enough to hide to begin with.

My reply to this dev...

Quote:
Well that is depressing. was this to make people start using the stashes?

As if hiding tents wasnt hard enough, now there is no such thing as a "good spot for my tent".

A tree was our best friend when it came to tents, now they shun us like the smelly kid in school.

I try to pitch my tent under some trees and they say "LEAF ME ALONE!!" and "I wont help you hide your tent, you're barking up the wrong tree". But in all seriousness, this is a pretty bad intentional bug. Depressing to say the least. Might as well remove tents from the game completely.

Post subject: Re: Bye Bye Tents
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:32 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
I don't even...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:39 pm 

No Gamer Profile
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
I really dont see the issue here its just a bug. They added code to stop people using glitch spots with tents. That broke some things, welcome to arma modding one tiny change can have completely unforseen circumstances which you later have to find a solution for.

The devs didnt do it on purpose to piss you all off.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:08 pm 

No Gamer Profile
The issue is, it's not a bug. Seems to me more like a ploy for you to use the stashes that hold one gun? They stopped us from placing a tent under trees. Earlier in that thread he told someone to "go find somewhere else to put them". Well, there is no better place for a tent than under a tree. He made it seem pretty obvious that its not a bug. If it was clear that this was a bug that would be addressed, I wouldn't care. The devs dont do a lot of shit on purpose that pisses a lot of people off, but they still do it. Doesnt mean its right, even if their intention wasnt to piss anyone off.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:14 pm 

No Gamer Profile
This sucks for the people who used tents and had gear to stash

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
The issue is, it's not a bug. Seems to me more like a ploy for you to use the stashes that hold one gun? They stopped us from placing a tent under trees. Earlier in that thread he told someone to "go find somewhere else to put them". Well, there is no better place for a tent than under a tree. He made it seem pretty obvious that its not a bug. If it was clear that this was a bug that would be addressed, I wouldn't care. The devs dont do a lot of shit on purpose that pisses a lot of people off, but they still do it. Doesnt mean its right, even if their intention wasnt to piss anyone off.

Its beta software stuff breaks and there were far more broken things to deal with first, they did a good job at fixing most of my issues with 7.7 already. I'll even post the code later that causes it I saw it last night and its completely unintentional that tents broke as badly as they have. If its still broken in a month or two then sure thats dumb but its not going to be. Chill out and dig a stash!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:24 pm 

No Gamer Profile
I only reacted the way I did because razor made it clean, in that thread anyway, that it was intentional. Like I said, if he was was like oh shit, its broken, then this thread wouldnt exist. Except he did the opposite and claimed it was meant to be this way. Im chill as a cucumber. What are you wearing? A suit? Look at me, Im in a komono. Cant get more chill than that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:26 pm 

No Gamer Profile
snap, i just learned a new word! SKITSNACK!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:02 pm 

IGN: Mojoo
Current Life: 0.2 hrs
Time Alive: 0.6 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 2
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Tents best placed in trees, what a bullshit xD. Got way better places for my tents that still havent been found.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:04 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Mojoo wrote:
Tents best placed in trees, what a bullshit xD. Got way better places for my tents that still havent been found.

lol your back pack/inventory doesnt count

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:15 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
Mojoo wrote:

lol your back pack/inventory doesnt count

xD, ok tents in trees were ok. But definitely a bug since you couldnt even enter them the normal easy way. 2 spots I used (both glitches also tho):
- In cherno you can enter the biggest building on floor lvl by crawling through the wall, you can place a tent there.
- Place them close against rocks, you can hide like 95% of the tent inside the rock xD.

My legit spots i wont tell ofcourse!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:28 pm 

No Gamer Profile
i can understand stopping people from placing them in buildings (like they said they fixed) and inside of rocks, but under trees? i wonder if trees are considered buildings. i guess you can try your glitch spots and see if they still work.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:33 am 

IGN: limbless_torso
Time Alive: 138.7 hrs
Humanity: -53,694

Murders: 57
Bandit Kills: 17
Deaths: 83
Zombies Killed: 1,130

I'm a bandit!
i dont understand the butthurt with this, you ever tried pitching a tent in a tree? let alone through the trunk of one...

less hoarding leads to more immersive gameplay around high-end loot areas and less time fapping in bases surrounded by crates.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:40 pm 

No Gamer Profile
limbless_torso wrote:
i dont understand the butthurt with this, you ever tried pitching a tent in a tree? let alone through the trunk of one...

less hoarding leads to more immersive gameplay around high-end loot areas and less time fapping in bases surrounded by crates.

Butthurt? Tents in trunks never work tents under branches do. IRL and in game. I have been camping and being that we aren't currently living in any real post apocalyptic state, I wouldn't hide my tent, but I'd be an idiot not to if things were different. People that "don't give a shit" in game are playing a different style than people who do. Some like to spend the time to gear and store their shit while others "cba"....

You don't own any tents. I don't remember you ever having one. This affects people who actually use tents in game.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:52 pm 

I'm a bandit!
seeing as basebuilding is back and i'd say most actual gear in tents is in tents that are in bases, the way it worked before was pretty broken and its the same for rocks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:02 pm 

No Gamer Profile
this whole game is broken.

stop tents from being inside rocks. fine.
stop them from being in buildings. fine.

but stop them from being under branches? another senseless move by the dayz devs unless its because they cant stop one thing without breaking another.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:06 am 

I'm a bandit!
Quote:
I really dont see the issue here its just a bug. They added code to stop people using glitch spots with tents. That broke some things, welcome to arma modding one tiny change can have completely unforseen circumstances which you later have to find a solution for.

just this. it will either be fixed or not, but it is changed so just roll with it. :?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:24 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
I must say i agree with Omen, played yesterday night and tried to place a tent.
Couldnt put it any near a tree/branches, it just placed it next to a tree lol.

Although it is nice you cant put it inside the tree anymore. But not being able to place it
under branches is bullshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:08 pm 

No Gamer Profile
limbless_torso wrote:
it will either be fixed or not, but it is changed so just roll with it. :?

so why not say that with the entire server? seaweed is spending a lot of time fixing their bull shit that people dont wanna just roll with.

obviously i cant change the code and im not asking him to fix this, but i can speak my mind about things. some things i like, some things i dont. and this, as someone who uses them for an experience more than just Wasteland with zombies, i dont like it :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:

Just to further this point here's the lead developer of the mod explaining the exact same thing when talking about the tent fixes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWZwzjJV--w#t=75m

"Every issue resolved comes with a new issue on top of it"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:06 pm 

No Gamer Profile
then they should stop adding more and more useless shit into the mod and focus on fixing the smaller things now.

at least they removed the bull shit checks that stopped people from placing tents under trees.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Focusing on small things is what broke the tents. They fixed the performance implications that come along with having objects inside other objects. That brought about some new issues that they had to find a way to work around in a way that doesn't cause further problems, which they have done for the next patch. Mod development is a lot more complex than it seems from an outsider perspective, you are always battling against ARMA 2 and coding different workarounds to different issues. Everything is a compromise for example, razor says eating and bandaging in vehicles had to be removed purely to remove duping exploits. With the amount of code they changed this patch, not to add new features but to fix things I'm not surprised there were some small problems with the first release.

There's a reason rocket isn't writing a mod and is writing a game, it's because its actually possible to fix more of the small bugs and issues.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:29 pm 

No Gamer Profile
my point still stands, they should have less [ADDED] and more [FIXED].

in my opinion, the mod went down hill and continues to with each update.