Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
Hey guys,

I see / read / hear that a lot of people have problems with the new zombies, myself I really don't so Imma tell how I take care of them :)

First of all, a lot of people just used to run through evrething, loot, run away and aggro would drop after 1 minute, I can assure you if you try that now, it won't work anymore. So stop doing it, if people start crying over zombies in side chat I just started saying, if you get hit by zombies, you made a mistake.

What can you do then? Find other ways to get stuff. Deer stands have new loottables and they are great oly 1 or 2 zombies at them who you can take out with a pistol, also castles have been updated with new loottables. Indeed there are quite a few of zombies but if you have a melee weapon you can just run inside and kill them while they walk up to you without being it. If you run out, run offhill, this will kill them ( at rog and zub, not devils ).

What to do if you want to farm a city then? Crouch / walk crouched or even go prone through an entire city. It used to be like this like one year ago and it worked back then and works now again. I was able to loot Stary completely without aggroing one zombie. If you do get aggro then, just try to run trough a supermarket / red house, look what is there and come back after you lost aggro outside town. Or just use a melee weapon indeed.

Looting the barracks is still easy as shit if you have a pistol ( or just pick up a weapon there ). Just rush inside and kill them all or do thesame as before, prone / crouch inside and then rush out. They actually fixed the hitting trough walls inside the barracks I have the feeling by the way which is cool ofcourse :)

How to lose aggro? From my experience it still works to run through trees / bushes, it only takes longer. Bushes actually work better for me then pine trees. Just run to a bushline and make turns after a bush ( so don't run in a straight line through them ). I lose zombie aggro within the minute by doing this.

Another thing, don't fuck yourself. Don't run into buildings if you know they gonna collapse on you, that's just suicidal.

One thing to point out is the infection. I got sick twice during an entire playtime of around 12 hours. Only advice I can give here, don't get hit by zombies :) If one is behind you, you run! They indeed need to lower the infection rate but evreone is sure they'll patch this soon so hold on :)

So yeah, DayZ isn't anymore run through every city, find stuff and be happy :p

I only got in a situation once which was my own mistake were zombies could potentially have killed me, ran up the ATC from NWAF yesterday and got surrounded by 60 zombies while a guy was driving around with an UAZ, managed to kill him with the help of Tom and then just shot all the zombies :) ( lucky that we find ammo boxes at every crashshite )

Another thing is, if you find mags / bullets, take them with you. It isn't anymore, let's run to the firestation, find an AKM with 3 mags and you are ready to go. No, it is now run to firehouse in elektro, find an AKM, run to cherno, find stanags mags, then run to stary while meanwhile looting zub / deerstands in the hope of finding akm mags / a gun that uses stanag mags.

Greets,
Ebby

Post subject: Re: Advice from my personal experience
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:23 am 

IGN: Rousch
Current Life: 14.0 hrs
Time Alive: 228.2 hrs
Humanity: 2,875

Murders: 10
Bandit Kills: 3
Deaths: 51
Zombies Killed: 1,834

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm not a bandit!
Thanks for the tips. I have found that running up a steep hill and then running back down causes the zeds to fall and die, so i get some loot for free in effect. Has taken a few play style adjustments, but I'm finding it OK. Also sure cities are definitely harder, but surely that's a good point isn't it as it adds realism, why would you run into a city full of zombies unless you had to.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:14 pm 

No Gamer Profile
i think a lot of people are put off by the bugged loot pools. yesterday i saw the player count at zero. first time ive seen this in a looong time.

SizQo and I found 5 crash sites and only 1 had a gun. we know 3 of those sites were brand new because we saw them the 2nd time we went through the area and it was just him and i online.

people are also getting annoyed by the constant tripping. even if you ran pretty far on the side of some zombies, they still manage to trip you. its not a very fluid and smooth action. its like the devs thought "we should add something to make it harder... tripping!" but were unable to pull it off smoothly. you just "go prone" if youre in a certain range of some zombies.

another thing was the moon. it was bugged and pitch black. last night it finally came out after a few hours of darkness. but it was brutal. people logged in, saw how dark it was and was like, nope.

i like your tips eby. some good pointers in there. hopefully they will have a patch/hotfix to balance things out soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:39 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs

I'm a bandit!
Yeah indeed, I found 9 chopper crashes in total of which 7 were definetely fresh and found 0 guns at them but allright, I don't mind loot being harder to find but if things don't spawn because it is bugged it is indeed a problem. If there are only 5 people online, there will be less lootpiles and this only forces players to also stop so yeah, it's like a negative circle ( less players less loot less players ....)

I don't know about the tripping, just avoid zombies I would say and don't run in their direction, then they shouldn't throw you on the ground, you basically can't run up to a zombie to pass him, you first need to get him behind you and then you can go in the other direction, so just make a circle around him works to pass him, but indeed, he will chase you down then so don't stop :)

I couldn't see shit either yesterday so yea, have to use chemlights, can only see them from 5 meters away so other players won't see you, I enjoy playing with them :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:23 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
Chemlights make me happy :).

I just wish there were set ranges for zombie aggro when you are in different stances. Pulling a zombie 100m away while slow crouch walking just feels silly imo. I would honestly be perfectly fine with the way zombies are atm if I knew I could sneak past a zombie that wasnt looking at me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:33 am 

IGN: Deathdude
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 96.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 14
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 26
Zombies Killed: 2,053

I'm not a bandit!
the problem is that the aggro seems to be completely random atm, im proneing through a village, and i get spotted from 20m away by a zombie through a wall... or im crouch walking inside a building and suddenly i aggro 5 zombies... (the two story warehouse like buildings are the worst for this). Also, anyone noticed that zombies sometimes suddenly move towards you at about 4 times normal speed (including indoors sometimes)? This is unfortunately unavoidable and you normally get hit when this happens.

I don't mind the zombies being harder (or even harder to sneak past), its just the bullshitiness of getting spotted through walls, or zombies suddenly moving at FTL speeds just before they enter hatchet range that pisses me off. Hell i don't even mind the high infection rate (or i wouldn't, if it was possible to avoid the "FTL" lunges zombies sometimes do).

Ive also noticed that zombies seem to move towards players a lot more often now, many a time ive been sneaking through a town waiting for a zombie to walk away only for it to turn around and walk strait at me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:43 am 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
I tried to get in to Berezino pub and EVERY FUCKING ZOMBIE in the street walked in to it while I was watching the doorway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:24 am 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs

I'm a bandit!
tomisafish wrote:
I tried to get in to Berezino pub and EVERY FUCKING ZOMBIE in the street walked in to it while I was watching the doorway.

That's normal cause evreone wants to party with you in the pub :)