Current Life: 11.2 hrs
Time Alive: 369.4 hrs
Humanity: -15,792

Murders: 20
Bandit Kills: 26
Deaths: 187
Zombies Killed: 3,775

I'm a bandit!
Was this one of my idea's that inspiried this or was it Reen?

Either way, i can already see ways around this idea, and nothing can be perfect for a mod all the time. Even though it sounds like everyone hates you, you will still see us all and we can adapt to the changes just fine :D

Maybe we can have a poll or something for changes 3 months from now regarding particular vehicles?

Post subject: Re: Anti Vehicle Hoarding Script
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Torkmastaflex wrote:
Was this one of my idea's that inspiried this or was it Reen?

Either way, i can already see ways around this idea, and nothing can be perfect for a mod all the time. Even though it sounds like everyone hates you, you will still see us all and we can adapt to the changes just fine :D

Maybe we can have a poll or something for changes 3 months from now regarding particular vehicles?

Nope I've had this as an idea long before it was suggested here, originally I tried it as a client script though which has some drawbacks. I got it working as server side one after some more work recently which removes the potential issues that were there as a clientside script.

I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion on the topic with regards to particular vehicles etc on the forums. Polls can often be easily manipulated by groups of players all voting. I must say I don't really understand the argument that say bikes or quads shouldn't be included in the script because they are common, which I've heard from some. If they are common you can just loot another one if someone finds yours.

Also remember if you are planning to "find a way around" this limit if its not legit you can get banned for it I thought it was obvious by now I didn't come up with this just so you could find a way to store more than 6...

I will however extend the time till I add the serverside addon till Thursday or Friday as I'm busy myself tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:51 pm 

IGN: Mr. Pink
Current Life: 16.8 hrs
Time Alive: 298.0 hrs
Humanity: -78,939

Murders: 47
Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 38
Zombies Killed: 1,627

I'm a bandit!
i respect my fellow r'dogs' opinion, but i quite honestly don't mind your idea at all seaweed, what would bother me is to see the amount of bases double just so people can store six vehicles... i think that would be annoying. why not limit the number of flags you can "own" to one per person? it would keep things a little more concise and elegant in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:21 pm 

IGN: Hunter2000
Current Life: 5.7 hrs
Time Alive: 485.5 hrs
Humanity: 2,218

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 22
Deaths: 161
Zombies Killed: 7,863

I'm not a bandit!
Well Mr.Pink I really don't understand the problem with the server having more bases: Anyway some bases are way too big and it would be nice if they were broken into smaller bases that are easier to break into.(only a problem is if it causes more performance issues IMO)

All this about Vehicles seems out of proportion for me but I can understand the desire of players to keep and protect the vehicle of their choice, so maybe there is room to find a middle ground as its irrational to tell players what other players they can or cannot play with:

ICD play with ST
MM play with TS and RD

I think if one of these factions want to sacrifice their fortress for smaller less defensible fortress so they can store the stuff they need it is a fair tradeoff. otherwise maybe another solution would be found like giving said factions a special maximum limit suitable to their number of members in the past month(not future or members they added yesterday)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:04 pm 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs
Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I had the discussion with more bases yesterday with gravety and some others and quite honestly i was thinking that this would be the biggest benefit of all that would come with the script!

More smaller bases that are easyer to break into.

At this point RD or ST base are fortresses that need 1-200+ toolboxes to get into. For anyone that has not played basiclly forever on the server this is pretty much impossible to achive.

I was hoping to see the big clans split up their bases into smaller ones so they can keep more vehicles while, at the same time, beeing easier targets for breakings.

I have not followed the threat so im not sure if this has been mentioned yet:

To much vehicle abundance is also to be avoided as most of us enjoy the rarety of nice things here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:17 pm 

IGN: Christoph
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Benuar wrote:
I was hoping to see the big clans split up their bases into smaller ones so they can keep more vehicles while, at the same time, beeing easier targets for breakings.

Could someone just please notify me when it´s 4AM and the whole sT-squad is online... I smell a chance for mayham here... :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:27 pm 

IGN: Benuar
Current Life: 3.9 hrs
Time Alive: 274.8 hrs
Humanity: -37,112

Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 235
Zombies Killed: 4,531

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm a bandit!
I hear Marian already got banned over something related ^^

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:38 pm 

IGN: Arfour Foulkesayke
Time Alive: 62.0 hrs
Humanity: 6,962

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 23
Zombies Killed: 725

I'm a hero!
Just a thought I had yesterday as we were talking about the changes:

Seaweed pointed to the possible dickmove coming with the code when someone just parks a bike next to a base's flag to blow up any car that happens to stand further away. I wondered if you could avoid this by somehow tagging your cars to your base. I don't intend locking them up and making them unusuable for anyone other than the squad (as it is in Epoch where you get keys and stuff), just tagging them so no conveniently placed bike might blow up your precious hippie lada.

This doesn't even has to show in the game other than adding the cars within the base to the flagpole. Sure, a permanent squad-logo on the vehicles would be funny and bring some confusion if you would manage to nick someone's car to imposter a little, but it would avoid an unrealistic glitch in an otherwise reasonable script.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:42 pm 

IGN: B3ll
Time Alive: 238.8 hrs
Humanity: -85,577

Bandit Kills: 36
Deaths: 91
Zombies Killed: 1,698

I'm a bandit!
Arfour wrote:

Seaweed pointed to the possible dickmove coming with the code when someone just parks a bike next to a base's flag to blow up any car that happens to stand further away. I wondered if you could avoid this by somehow tagging your cars to your base. I don't intend locking them up and making them unusuable for anyone other than the squad (as it is in Epoch where you get keys and stuff), just tagging them so no conveniently placed bike might blow up your precious hippie lada.

This doesn't even has to show in the game other than adding the cars within the base to the flagpole. Sure, a permanent squad-logo on the vehicles would be funny and bring some confusion if you would manage to nick someone's car to imposter a little, but it would avoid an unrealistic glitch in an otherwise reasonable script.

I think Seaweed has made it so that if there is only 3 cars inside the base, and someone parks a fourth car outside, that fourth car will blow up. So the person trying to blow up others cars, just lost theirs. Atleast, thats what it should do :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Arfour wrote:

Adding of cars to flagpoles is something I looked at, its more complex and more work though so first we'll see how many people decide to get themselves banned by leaving cars next to other peoples bases...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:45 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
B3ll wrote:
Arfour wrote:

I think Seaweed has made it so that if there is only 3 cars inside the base, and someone parks a fourth car outside, that fourth car will blow up. So the person trying to blow up others cars, just lost theirs. Atleast, thats what it should do :)

That's pretty much correct, except its basically the closest 3 vehicles to the flag, so in theory, and if the flag isnt placed with this in mind (which is why we are offering to move them currently) someone could get one closer than an existing vehicle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:46 pm 

IGN: Christoph
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Benuar wrote:
I hear Marian already got banned over something related ^^

Yeah no I did´nt want to temper with their cars... But if I get the chance to rush them while they spliting up their base I´d strip a claymore to my butt and do the Victor Charlie on´em... ^^

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:52 pm 

IGN: Arfour Foulkesayke
Time Alive: 62.0 hrs
Humanity: 6,962

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 23
Zombies Killed: 725

I'm a hero!
Seaweed wrote:
Arfour wrote:

Adding of cars to flagpoles is something I looked at, its more complex and more work though so first we'll see how many people decide to get themselves banned by leaving cars next to other peoples bases...

Ah cool, good to know. Thanks again for your efforts, they're really appreciated!