Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anti Vehicle Hoarding Script

Post subject: Re: Anti Vehicle Hoarding Script
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:30 am 

IGN: Christoph
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 0.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
wojos1Artist wrote:
In my opinion, when clan has 8 people, it will lead to completly rare vehicle usage by clan. I can imagine if clan had 3 good vehicles, and one would get spoilt by one person from clan, others would be very upset. And that's why they (and probobly we) simply won't use it. I can also imagine that Marian will now never take his Humve and SUV.
And btw. FP is also hoarding vehicles - last time we destroyed six and before they had like 10 in their yard.

Geeez, I wish we had 10 cars... See, you get even 7 people in an UAZ, so technically a squad of 14 people can manage with 2 cars. ^^ Without even considering the Ural.
The thing about hoarding even harder is the point I tried to make earlier. If it would be able to display them behind bulletproof glass I´d understand why to do it but behind 5 Layers of Containers? :?

P.S.: And just for the sake of defending my own honour and the honour of my squad - All of our cars are most of the time IN OUR YARD (as you said)... nobody holds you back to get a `nade and punish us evil hoarders. :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:52 am 

IGN: Marian
Current Life: 3.2 hrs
Time Alive: 643.9 hrs
Humanity: -1,058,663

Murders: 418
Bandit Kills: 219
Deaths: 813
Zombies Killed: 9,985

I'm a bandit!
For me is better play like Hunter2000, alone! I will have my own base with 3 cars... So we decided to delete sT| clan. We are not playing together. Our last base is mine now! I kicked out my members. I will have 2 HMV and SUV inside if u want know ^^. Other members will build own bases or whatever (its depend of them) ^^ We are not playing together now...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Marian wrote:
For me is better play like Hunter2000, alone! I will have my own base with 3 cars... So we decided to delete sT| clan. We are not playing together. Our last base is mine now! I kicked out my members. I will have 2 HMV and SUV inside if u want know ^^. Other members will build own bases or whatever (its depend of them) ^^ We are not playing together now...

Np I will delete the sT base now and you can all start from nothing next restart? Sound good?

If I was to let you "split" your clan like that my admins would have to make sure that every single time you ever removed something from your existing base, it was not given to another clan member for "their base". Do you know how much work that is? We would also have to make sure that you were never playing with those clan members when you are online. We both know this isn't the case anyway, you are just doing your usual thing of trying to find a loophole to break my rules because you don't like them.

In short as I've told you already - if you fuck me around on this rule I will just ban you and your clan Marian. Its 6 vehicles between everyone in sT. If you want to "split" into 10 clans, I'll delete all your items and you can all start from scratch, you can each then build a base from nothing. And we'll then ban you if we ever see any of you working together.

As I have already told you I am tired of having to write new rules and code just because you push the limits of all the existing rules and find loopholes. If you don't like the rules of the server, don't play in it. Stop trying to find a way to ignore the rules. There is no getting around this one just so you can hoard more vehicles feel free to try it though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:37 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
Marian wrote:

Np I will delete the sT base now and you can all start from nothing next restart? Sound good?

If I was to let you "split" your clan like that my admins would have to make sure that every single time you ever removed something from your existing base, it was not given to another clan member for "their base". We would also have to make sure that you were never playing with those clan members when you are online. We both know this isn't the case anyway, you are just doing your usual thing of trying to find a loophole to break my rules because you don't like them.

In short as I've told you already - if you fuck me around on this rule I will just ban you and your clan Marian. Its 6 vehicles between everyone in sT. If you want to "split" into 10 clans, I'll delete all your items and you can all start from scratch, you can each then build a base from nothing. And we'll then ban you if we ever see any of you working together.

As I have already told you I am tired of having to write new rules and code just because you push the limits of all the rules and find loopholes. If you don't like the rules of the server, don't play in it. Stop trying to find a way to ignore the rules. There is no getting around this one just so you can hoard more vehicles feel free to try it though.

I will not delete any items from my base to help my old members... They will build their own bases from new items... or maybe they will not build - i dont care...

Its normal math...

1 single member = 3 cars

10 members in one clan = 3 cars

10 single members = 30 cars

So we dont wanna play together... its better for everybody

Last edited by Marian on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Marian wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
Marian wrote:

If I was to let you "split" your clan like that my admins would have to make sure that every single time you ever removed something from your existing base, it was not given to another clan member for "their base". We would also have to make sure that you were never playing with those clan members when you are online. We both know this isn't the case anyway, you are just doing your usual thing of trying to find a loophole to break my rules because you don't like them.

As I have already told you I am tired of having to write new rules and code just because you push the limits of all the rules and find loopholes. If you don't like the rules of the server, don't play in it. Stop trying to find a way to ignore the rules. There is no getting around this one just so you can hoard more vehicles feel free to try it though.

I will not delete any items from my base to help my old members... They will build their own bases from new items...

Like I said thats impossible to verify, the only way would be if you all started from nothing. But it doesnt matter because we both know you are still going to play with them anyway. You are only splitting up to hoard extra vehicles, nothing else would change.

So shut up and play by the rules or play somewhere else. I am tired of your bullshit. We all play by the same rules, we don't try to create new ones for ourselves just because we don't like them.

If sT really want to split into "10 clans" then I delete all your stuff and you all start from nothing, and if the admins see you play together we ban you all. Otherwise you continue to play as you do now. If I see multiple flags start showing up for sT members you should know already what will happen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:26 pm 

IGN: MrZilvervis
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 500.3 hrs
Humanity: -549,378

Murders: 249
Bandit Kills: 170
Deaths: 259
Zombies Killed: 2,942

I'm a bandit!
I like this idea because it limits hoarding, I won't say it is the best solution but it is much better than the current situation. I have played on this server for quite a while now, with and without base building and I must say sometimes I miss the time without base building where everything would rotate every week or so.

Basebuilding just gives a really big advantage to large groups and players that have been arround for a long time, it would be cool to see it get a bit more balanced for those who just joined.

My biggest concern now is that there will be way too much cars on the map like seaweed allready mentioned. I hope the car count will get drasticly lowered when this update goes live!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Mrzilvervis wrote:
My biggest concern now is that there will be way too much cars on the map like seaweed allready mentioned. I hope the car count will get drasticly lowered when this update goes live!

Yeah the first couple of weeks will be a bit messy as I have to balance the counts a little and wait for some vehicles to explode etc. After a little while cars should be about as rare as always, however the ones people have should hopefully get used more often!

I agree with you completely that base building introduces a ton of imbalance to the game in the long term. It requires 0 work once the base is built and even 1 person can then continue to enjoy the benefit of all that work almost indefinitely.

A small base is balanced against breaking in, it can take almost as much work getting in as building it. A larger base however is totally unbalanced. This won't be the last thread we have this year about people not liking a basebuilding change I make and I know from past experience how much value people place in their hoarded collections of digital items. However if they value this server more than their collections of cars and tents then they should be happy to continue playing here even if I wiped the entire database.

Tbh I think if you actually spoke to every one of the 50 players in the server at peak times the vast majority would be in favor of all of the suggested changes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:29 pm 

IGN: Dampveivals
Current Life: 1.3 hrs
Time Alive: 716.8 hrs
Humanity: -462,507

Murders: 257
Bandit Kills: 163
Deaths: 189
Zombies Killed: 11,977

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
I have seen you use your humvee once in the whole time you had it in your base, the SUV I have never seen outside your base. Without this change it would remain like that, the only time the SUV would see day light is when someone finally breaks in and blows it up, it will never be driven and that's a waste.

Although this seems like a promising change, I don't think it will completely solve the Humvee/SUV problem. I'm guessing sT will build another garage for "bad" cars that they will use, and just keep the Humvees and SUV in their main base and continue to never use them.

Please prove me wrong sT!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Dampveivals wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
I have seen you use your humvee once in the whole time you had it in your base, the SUV I have never seen outside your base. Without this change it would remain like that, the only time the SUV would see day light is when someone finally breaks in and blows it up, it will never be driven and that's a waste.

Although this seems like a promising change, I don't think it will completely solve the Humvee/SUV problem. I'm guessing sT will build another garage for "bad" cars that they will use, and just keep the Humvees and SUV in their main base and continue to never use them.

I think st (or the 10 squads formerly known as sT) will probably just get themselves banned over this rule anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:40 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Dampveivals wrote:
Seaweed wrote:

What is this sT ? o.O ...dont remember

btw:

Marian wrote:
Our last base is mine now! I kicked out my members. I will have 2 HMV and SUV inside if u want know ^^.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Marian wrote:
Dampveivals wrote:
Seaweed wrote:

What is this sT ? o.O ...dont remember

btw:

Marian wrote:
Our last base is mine now! I kicked out my members. I will have 2 HMV and SUV inside if u want know ^^.

OK your vehicles, base and tents will be deleted next restart. As I already told you if you want to split you ALL start from nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:53 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Why we have to play together? There is a rule dont split squads or what? o.O

And why we should start with nothing?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Marian wrote:
Why we have to play together? There is a rule dont split squads or what? o.O

And why we should start with nothing?

I've answered this already

Seaweed wrote:
Marian wrote:

If I was to let you "split" your clan like that my admins would have to make sure that every single time you ever removed something from your existing base, it was not given to another clan member for "their base". Do you know how much work that is? We would also have to make sure that you were never playing with those clan members when you are online. We both know this isn't the case anyway, you are just doing your usual thing of trying to find a loophole to break my rules because you don't like them.

As I have already told you I am tired of having to write new rules and code just because you push the limits of all the existing rules and find loopholes. If you don't like the rules of the server, don't play in it. Stop trying to find a way to ignore the rules. There is no getting around this one just so you can hoard more vehicles feel free to try it though.

If sT want to "split" you are welcome to but you do it from a fresh start and if we ever see you play together you are all banned.

So stop messing me around just because you want to hoard more vehicles than everyone else.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:00 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed, are u insane? o.O

Its my base now (not clan), my slaves helped me to build it, i kicked out them.

And wtf!? its mean that i cant play together with my old members? If they are in other clan or without?

LOL!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Marian wrote:

And wtf!? its mean that i cant play together with my old members? If they are in other clan or without?

LOL!

Change the record dude.

You have 3 options

1: split clan, never play with each other again start from nothing and each build your own bases without the help of others.

2: abide by the same rules as everyone else, 3 vehicles per base max of two bases.

3: continue this bullshit facade just so you can hoard more vehicles and I ban you all

So pick 1 2 or 3.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:08 pm 

IGN: Shortboy
Time Alive: 355.8 hrs
Humanity: -201,151

Murders: 149
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 157
Zombies Killed: 3,188

I'm a bandit!
I completely agree with everything that has been posted by seaweed, as a member of 'MM' I reluctantly admit I have a problem with vehicle hoarding, at last count we had about 12 cars most of which have never seen the light of day since we acquired them, which is completely unfair many new players hardly see let alone find any of the good vehicles namely UAZ's, HMV, SUVs.

I also think the 3 vehicle limit is perfectly adequate for any clan that allows you to have one ural and two other cars such as an offroad or a Humvee which is ampul room to move at least 10 players around the map, even if you have to use the ural for combat (which in my opinion is what they should be used for). Also with more vehicles not being hoarding I think you'll see a lot more action on the roads with players actually driving cars from place to play, which would mix things up a little..

I really dislike the concept of dissembling a much larger base in order to make smaller bases for the sole purpose of vehicle hoarding I think that defeats the object of the script, I am all for people building second bases for farming etc, but just for vehicle hoarding seems a little cheap..

Quote:
I understand problem generally. But I think it's too easy to just set up limit of 3 vehicles. There will be a problem in bigger clans - for example let's say that in ICD we have 6 or more people. We have Timo, who wants a motorbike for his own, we have me who likes to own a ATV, we have Tork who likes a pickup.

It'd been said before, but pine trees are your friend, bikes, atv's are easily hidden and shitty cars, there is no need to hoard them, hoarding 3 'good' cars is much more balanced IMO.

St splitting up seems to be a really bullshit move in order to keep hoarding shit, I think its pretty lame that you are finding loop holes in whatever is changed so you can keep the problem on going, personally I think its a little harsh to completely remove all of their stuff, but with the insane amount of hours which St play and the obscure times its seems too much effort to keep track of any bullshit tactics they might be doing :/

Had to vent a little rage there, I know peoples opinions matter on a server, but sometimes I think stuff should just be implemented to the server and let people deal with the consequences...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:11 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
Marian wrote:

LOL!

Change the record dude.

You have 3 options

1: split clan, never play with each other again start from nothing and each build your own bases without the help of others.

2: abide by the same rules as everyone else, 3 vehicles per base max of two bases.

3: continue this bullshit facade just so you can hoard more vehicles and I ban you all

So pick 1 2 or 3.

So 2!

And I will not build second base, dont need it. I have base ^^

But i dont know about rest my last members... maybe they will build their own bases 1 or 2 per any member.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:12 pm 

IGN: arleqin
Current Life: 0.4 hrs
Time Alive: 135.3 hrs
Humanity: -37,936

Murders: 48
Bandit Kills: 28
Deaths: 120
Zombies Killed: 2,015

I'm a bandit!
Allright. Its story time.

Lets say that this rule is being implemented, you can have 1 car per base.

Lone player creates a base, gets 3 vehicles. Ratio: 3:1
Big clan creates a base, gets 3 vehicles. Ratio 3:~5/6

If lone player keeps playing on this server, there is huge chance that other people, united in clans would RAID him and get this vehicles out of his base. So the lone player feels that its not a solution to keep his base attacked over and over by stronger groups. So what does the lone player, lets say he is called Mr. Johnatan Cay does? He joins some big group of players.

After this happens, whole new possibilities of playing opens for Mr. Cay. He is now a part of clan-war situation, in which, as in natural environment, big groups are using their disadvanage over lone units, but they need to fight with other big groups. In that case, clans fighting each other meets the risk of LOSING THEIR LOOT which is being kept in their base by getting raided. And that how its working perfectly.

To sum up. This rule seems to me not only to be not planned, because its not bringing balance at all, but additionaly its stopping smooth gameplay to keep going.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:13 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
This will be a very nice change. I can't see this being an issue for larger squads in any way. A UAZ (which there are loads of) can hold 7 players. The SUV can hold 6. I can't speak for the rest of my clan but I would find having a Humvee, SUV and a Ural/V36 more than enough. The SUV is a beautiful machine and in the past I have used one whenever I have had the chance and have been decently geared up.

After reading through all these comments I feel like i'm the only person about who cares about more than just their own DayZ experience. This change will provide solo and new players a chance to find a vehicle. It is fantastic having so many large squads right now but we need to think about the survivors guys! They are the key ingredient to being a bandit so having more of them roaming about Chernarus will only serve to make the server better.

Hopefully this will encourage players to hide more vehicles too.

For those of you still struggling to come to grips with the concept of no longer being able to keep a nice car in your base forever, please think about the following.

You are playing a game with cars.
Some of the cars you can find and own in the game are better than others.
You find one of the best.
You put it in your base.
You don't use it.

You have now successfully stopped every other player on the server from having a chance to use, attack, blow up or do whatever they want to it, including yourself effectively, since you aren't planning to use it until you run out of other cars..

This may sound hypocritical coming from someone who is on the flag for a base that had over 15 cars at one point but I believe our issue was that even though we kept using the cars that we had, we ended up finding more than we lost. More of "our cars are not getting destroyed fast enough" problem.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:14 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Another fact which I forgot to mention.

We are playing DayZ. On the map called Chernarus. If I have a base with my team, I have a safe spot where I can keep my guns and goods. But if I want to move out of the base, I need to make many KILOMETERS IN GAME to achieve my goal. 3 cars per base = lost time by limiting movement.

Im playing for fun, not to fucking kill myself with running for 90% of my game time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:16 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
arleqin wrote:
So what does the lone player, lets say he is called Mr. Johnatan Cay does? He joins some big group of players.

I believe most large clans are quite selective of their players so I can't see this being a prominent issue.

arleqin wrote:
Im playing for fun, not to fucking kill myself with running for 90% of my game time.

You are playing the wrong game then dude. :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
arleqin wrote:

If lone player keeps playing on this server, there is huge chance that other people, united in clans would RAID him and get this vehicles out of his base. So the lone player feels that its not a solution to keep his base attacked over and over by stronger groups. So what does the lone player, lets say he is called Mr. Johnatan Cay does? He joins some big group of players.

After this happens, whole new possibilities of playing opens for Mr. Cay. He is now a part of clan-war situation, in which, as in natural environment, big groups are using their disadvanage over lone units, but they need to fight with other big groups. In that case, clans fighting each other meets the risk of LOSING THEIR LOOT which is being kept in their base by getting raided. And that how its working perfectly.

To sum up. This rule seems to me not only to be not planned, because its not bringing balance at all, but additionaly its stopping smooth gameplay to keep going.

You are forgetting how hard it is for a single player who legitimately loots and builds alone to build a base thats big enough and secure enough to even hold 3 cars. Also how does having 3 cars give that player an advantage when they can only ever drive one of them?

Maybe you will find out soon how hard building your own base is when Marian tells us what you have decided.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:19 pm 

IGN: Shortboy
Time Alive: 355.8 hrs
Humanity: -201,151

Murders: 149
Bandit Kills: 89
Deaths: 157
Zombies Killed: 3,188

I'm a bandit!
arleqin wrote:

All of the above are problems allready exist in Dayz, adding this script will not change the fact that people playing alone get fucked over by bigger groups of people, and it 'not adding balance' ?? most of the things you mentioned seem irrelevant because clans are always at the risk of losing loot?? how is having more vehicles going to change that?

and also the addition to running up from the coast That is Dayz deal with it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:20 pm 

IGN: Mr. Blonde
Current Life: 7.8 hrs
Time Alive: 488.9 hrs
Humanity: -223,815

Murders: 97
Bandit Kills: 62
Deaths: 142
Zombies Killed: 2,390

I'm a bandit!
i can understand marian...
thats the logical conclusion.
if you try to make the law like a dictator, the fine upstanding citizen will do everything in ones power to get his freedom.

well, actually this script sounds like a law which belongs to a communist region like chernarus. i guess they had laws like this before the z invasion started. its like an expropriation proceeding :P

it is sad... :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:22 pm 

I'm a bandit!
I do know how hard this fact is, I was one of the people who were building the base on Altar mountain (which dissapeared, suddenly.

And with the ratios, you misunderstood me. Mr. Cay CAN have 3 cars, I - in a team - can have approx 0,5 car for myself.

@EDIT
And if the zombie apocalypse happens, what the fuck would stop me from hoarding and keeping my cars safe?

Last edited by arleqin on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next