Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
I have revamped the helicopter crash sites again in attempt to help better balance the loot.

Basically there are now 3 varieties of crash site, there is a common variety containing basic assault rifles and some other bits and pieces. There is also a sniper crash site which will spawn exclusively sniper rifles of one kind or another, only one of these will ever spawn per restart. The third type of crash site contains the machine guns and some other L85 variants you might not have played with, plus a few more surprises, this type of site is also limited to one or less per restart.

You won't be able to tell the crash sites apart from their appearance, I would appreciate it if you could all post feedback and opinions here. This probably won't be the last update I make to them but hopefully its an improvement on what we had before. I was seeing way too many high powered guns at crash sites and I hope this can solve that for the most part.

Post subject: Re: New Helicopter Crash Sites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:58 am 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
Is there any way to make the weapon spawns on choppers more varied? I see way too many choppers with like 4-5 of one type of gun. Just yesterday I had something like 2 different crashes with like 3-4 FN-FAL's each, and another with 4 M24's and one M24 Desert. I've also seen some of the modified crash spawns, namely the C-130, spawn like 5 AK's. They were different variants, but still. Not really a huge issue by any means, just something I that I think could be done to make the game more varied/less boring(IMO).

Post subject: Re: New Helicopter Crash Sites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
AdjustedJunk wrote:
Is there any way to make the weapon spawns on choppers more varied? I see way too many choppers with like 4-5 of one type of gun. Just yesterday I had something like 2 different crashes with like 3-4 FN-FAL's each, and another with 4 M24's and one M24 Desert. I've also seen some of the modified crash spawns, namely the C-130, spawn like 5 AK's. They were different variants, but still. Not really a huge issue by any means, just something I that I think could be done to make the game more varied/less boring(IMO).

Unfortunately what you are seeing is a result of this bug

https://github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod/issues/79

It leads to a lot of duplication once a random item is picked from an array. The wrecks (like the c130 crash you mention) are not even modified or coded by myself they are a standard part of bliss. The fact you mention duplicated loot there puts the blame directly on the code mentioned in that github issue.

Part of the reason I separated the crash sites into different varieties was to minimize the effects of this bug I still have updates to make to hopefully cut the number of m24's a bit more but there will probably always be some duplicated items, thanks for the feedback though.

Also try to remember that other people may have visited the sites first and cherry picked the good items for themselves. I know for a fact when I have a chopper or plane I leave a lot of FAL's, the l115's m40a3's etc I don't though ;)