Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
There is a major bug with dayzmod that causes the inventory saving on some Tents and Stashes to break over time. The result of this bug is that a tent or stash will always regain its inventory on server restart when items are removed from it. Tent duping bugs ruined DayZ on the public hives well before the hackers did. I will not let duping exploits cause the same problems on ZS.

Big thanks to the two different groups of players who were honest enough to make me aware of this issue, its great to see players report issues instead of exploiting. Rest assured I have plenty of retrospective database logs (going back every 5 minutes over 6 months). Once I get this problem cleared up I will be investigating these bugged items for people who were possibly abusing the bug for things like basebuilding.

Anyway, the bug itself is a real bitch. To fix it the tents and stashes need deleting, the only way for me to do this in a database statement is to delete all tents or stashes which have not had a recent inventory update.

If you have a tent or a stash you wish to keep you need to make sure you update its inventory you can do this by simply adding or removing an item from the tent. If the changes you make are saved after a server restart your tent will be ok and won't get deleted. If it returns to its original inventory, you have a bugged tent and need to speak to me.

Anything which has not received an inventory update over the next few days will be getting deleted. If you do come across a glitched tent which is not saving after restart DO NOT attempt to dupe its contents. Empty it ONCE into a new tent, and contact me on teamspeak to avoid a ban! If you need a new tent for this just let me know. I will be logging and banning anyone I find exploiting this bug, both now that I have posted about it, and people I find who have exploited it in the past without talking to me.

The tent deletion will likely happen early next week, so if you have any tents or stashes you want to keep you need to make sure you update their inventories and verify they are ok after a restart before then.

Post subject: Re: Tent / Stash Problems
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:13 pm 

IGN: Joe AKA Jonas
Current Life: 0.4 hrs
Time Alive: 0.7 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 1
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Thanks for the important informations dude! My group and me will figure it out this weekend and will contact you as soon as possible - Jonas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed

I'm a bandit!
I made a small mistake when preparing for this tent cleanup that I have only noticed today :/

If you updated a tents inventory over the weekend you will need to update it again unfortunately if you want to make sure you keep that tent. I will postpone the deletion of the tents till Friday to give everyone a little more time to make sure they have used all the tents they want to keep recently.

Any tent which has had an inventory update AFTER this post was made will be ok. For everything else will need to add or remove something from it, apologies.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Bugged tents and stashes have now been deleted

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
There's a few bugged tents that didn't get deleted I think.

The problem is the script I run to update tent owners when they die, this means if you had a bugged tent and you have died in game since 16/12 it may not have been deleted yet.

I've disabled the tent ownership script and will be removing more tents next week. So if you still have tents in game you wish to keep make sure you update their inventories. Especially if you died in game since 16/12.

Until this is done you won't be able to pack a tent after you die.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:05 pm 

IGN: Rousch
Current Life: 14.0 hrs
Time Alive: 228.2 hrs
Humanity: 2,875

Murders: 10
Bandit Kills: 3
Deaths: 51
Zombies Killed: 1,834

Wearing a ghillie suit!
I'm not a bandit!
Oh balls, i appear to have forgotten to do this.