Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Basebuilding 1.3 Information!

Post subject: Basebuilding 1.3 Information!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:38 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
The new basebuilding plugin from daimyo has been successfully merged into the main server now. Myself and rosska85 (rosska did all the really hard work) have been working on this for a while now, merging the code to dayz 1.8 and sharing it so others can also install it.

Some things are quite different from previous basebuilding so I will give a summary here.

Firstly if you have an existing base do no remove any of your walls until you have built a flagpole, otherwise you will not be able to build your walls again

All bases require a flagpole, your flagpole is responsible for defining your bases owners.

Once you have built your flagpole you need to add each member of your group to the flagpole, this will allow those people to become owner of objects (so they can remove them when they wish) and also will allow them to operate your info panel.

To add a player to the flagpole you need their uid, you can view this by having them stand next to the pole with you. Mouse wheel on the player and you will see an option to show their UID.

I recommend you type the UID into vehicle chat as you won't be able to view it once you open the keypad. Select the following option to add that UID to the flag

Remember to press # on the keypad once you are done typing the UID in.

Next, if you have any items that you own, at your base which you wish to give access to to other flag pole members, you can use the following scroll wheel option. After adding all the flagpole members they will all be able to remove and rebuild the item in question. If you add new flagpole members you will need to select the option again to add them.

There is a similar option for the info panels (mine says admin but yours will not) the owner of the panels can give everyone else on the flagpole access and they can then all operate the gates, your roofs or your lights.

I am aware that because we have existing bases in the level players would in theory be able to build a flag at another players base to troll them or gain access. I have a log in place to see this and if I catch anyone doing it I will perma ban them and their group. No excuses no second chances. If you find a bug with the new code please report it to me. Anyone found exploiting bugs rather than reporting will also find themselves and their group banned.

I suggest you all get your flags built asap to prevent any exploiting being possible. Once you have a flag no one can build any item within 300m of your base except for booby traps. Each group is limited to 2 flag poles maximum if you have more than two bases you will need to consolidate them.

Main Enhancements in the New Basebulding Code

- You can control the height as well as the position of objects now
- No more long keycodes to remember, you just add your clan members to your flagpole
- You can add all flagpole members as owners of any basebuilding items
- All flagpole owners can be given access to infostands
- Infostands operate doors, movable roofs and lights, no codes flagpole members just scroll mouse.
- Booby traps work, and you clan can be given immunity from explosions on ones you have built
- New items to build
- New recipe ingredients, camonets, bricks, string, duct tape, supply crates, scrap electronics
- New placement system to make object placements easier

Post subject: Re: Basebuilding 1.3 Information!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
There is a problem with the antihack blocking the code used to lower concrete gates for non admins currently. I will hopefully have this fixed very soon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:03 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Changed some code to hopefully fix the infostands issue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:57 pm 

IGN: dech
Current Life: 9.3 hrs
Time Alive: 248.3 hrs
Humanity: 106

Murders: 2
Bandit Kills: 2
Deaths: 72
Zombies Killed: 1,557

I'm not a bandit!
Hello and thanks for the new basebuilding, it looks so great !
Last night when i tried to build the Land_shed_wooden, just to see how it looks, i was kicked from the server for "create vehicule restriction" or something like that.