Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Rosska85 and myself were given a copy of the new basebuilding 1.3 plugin from the author of the script Daimyo. He wrote it for his namalsk server and let us have his code so we could get it all working under 1.8 Chernarus. As part of this we are stripping out and improving some of the new features. There's still plenty of bugs to fix but hopefully we can have a live version for the server very soon.

It's coming along pretty well and I thought I'd share a few screenshots to wet your appetites ;)

I mentioned here there may be a chance I need to delete all bases and tents as part of transition to this new plugin. Certainly from my point of view that would be ideal, there's already a shit ton of objects in the server at the moment which adds to load. I want to change some recipes around and its a lot easier to do that with no existing items in game. Nothing is decided yet though and won't be till we get all the code finished your feedback is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Basebuilding V1.3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:35 pm 

IGN: [SFG] GeordieMarv
Current Life: 0.6 hrs
Time Alive: 33.2 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 3
Bandit Kills: 1
Deaths: 10
Zombies Killed: 130

I'm not a bandit!
It looks OK. I would have to see all of the objects that were buildable to make a proper comment though. I mean...i'm fine with losing our base as I have mentioned.

But if this mod doesn't bring anything new to the table or do stuff significantly better...then I can't really see the point in it. For starters there surely can't be too much longer left until DayZ SA. I just has to be out by the end of December. So the mod probably has about 6-10 weeks left in it in my opinion.

With so little time until SA, do you want to risk deleting everyone's stuff and annoying everyone and maybe even hurting the server population for a "slightly better" base building mod? Not too mention giving yourself an awful lot of extra work...when the mod probably has so little time left.

At the end of the day, it's your server mate. I'm fine with whatever you chose.
I'm just trying to look at it from several perspectives, and as I've said it's difficult to do that when we don't know how many objects etc. this mod brings and what the improvements are. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:32 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed

I'm a bandit!
New features are

- You can control the height as well as the position of objects
- No more keycodes, you add your clans UID's to your flagpole
- You can add all flagpole members as owners of any basebuilding items
- All flagpole owners can be given access to infostands
- Infostands operate doors, movable roofs and lights, no codes flagpole members just scroll mouse.
- Booby traps work, and you clan can be given immunity from explosions on ones you have built
- New items to build, I'm getting rid of a lot of the more stupid ones like houses from takistan etc but there's some good stuff too like garages and sheds

Think thats the main stuff. There's also AI guards that we haven't got working yet. I won't be enabling those anyway though as I think AI has no place in dayz.

Certainly it is possible for me to bring everything we have now, there is no technical reason why I can't do it. However the problem with doing that is that I cannot change any of the existing recipes. If I do that then you guys will just remove your existing items to gather any of the resources you don't have. The whole point of adding new ingredients is to give people something new to search for.

The main reason however that I wanted to do it however is purely performance. Server start up times and load in general. Here's a breakdown of who owns exactly how many basebuilding items (> 5 only)

GeordieMarv 191
Eberteby 62
MrZilvervis 59
OldBoy 46
Gravity Won 46
Dampveivals 38
Investoren 37
Taicho91 29
Z Office 22
Fredrich 22
Cpt. Killswitch 18
Bernard 18
Sam Fisher 17
Nadeau 16
Syd 15
dECh 14
Chernogorsk Chad 11
B3ll 9
Shortboy 9
Julien 8
DKmintz 7
Moe 7
TooHighToFly 7
Rousch 6
DrChino 6
Drahos_CZ 6

It's pretty crazy how much more you have built than anyone else Marv and how many resources SFG have. If I didn't know better I would have banned you for duping months ago! It really does boggle my mind how anyone can gather that many supplies though, and at the speed at which you do it. Not to mention what you have in your tents etc. I get people complaining to me all the time the basebuilding resources are too hard to find. Maybe I should start redirecting those people to you haha

I think what I will most likely do is manually have to go round the level removing redundant items. There really aren't that many random unused items though I have always cleaned up bases as players become inactive in the server anyway. Although I haven't got a working map of bases on the new database yet. Once I've done this I can transfer the old bases into the new system.

I think when SA is released we will see a drop in numbers of course (and a rise in numbers on our SA server ;) ) however there is no way the mod is going to be left for a long time to come yet. The alpha of the SA is going to lack features in a huge number of areas compared to the mod. It will be a long time until people play the SA predominantly over the mod in my opinion. After those initial few weeks after the novelty value wears off I'm sure people will be back playing dayzmod.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:11 am 

IGN: [SFG] DKmintz
Current Life: 1.6 hrs
Time Alive: 28.3 hrs

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 5
Zombies Killed: 128

I'm not a bandit!
Probably we had a jump in resources once the factory at Zelenogorsk was added. Its not a common area to go to so its pretty easy to loot farm that area. What has baffled us is why nobody else has really built anything substantial as SFG has. All other bases seem to be more function over form (to protect gear) where we have built what looks like a proper base.

Your second last paragraph makes you sound a little suspicious SW, which i guess i can understand with stats like that, but im sure you have spent enough time watching us to know that we are all squeeky clean, or at least i hope so :)

Last edited by DKmintz on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:18 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
DKmintz wrote:
Probably we had a jump in resources once the factory at Zelenogorsk was added. Its not a common area to go to so its pretty easy to loot farm that area. What has baffled us is why nobody else has really built anything substantial as SFG has. All other bases seem to be more function over form (to protect gear) where we have built what looks like a proper base with proper triple skin walls and other defences.

Your second last paragraph makes you sound a little suspicious SW, which i guess i can understand with stats like that, but im sure you have spent enough time watching us to know that we are all squeeky clean, or at least i hope so :)

More baffled than suspicious, since Oct 8th alone Marv has built an extra 50+ items and I know how long it took us to gather the resources for the 60 things zilver owns. I guess thats testament to how much easier it is with a whole clan working toward the same aim rather than just 1 or 2 people. I'm suspicious of everyone on the server I have to be, no one is exempt from that but yes I have never seen anything dodgy in the slightest. I know how you guys go about getting your resources and I never see any of you without some basebuilding supplies in your inventories.

The zeleno factory was going to be deleted months ago but unfortunately the new placement never worked out properly and I got annoyed with it. Maybe I will revisit that soon before your base covers the whole map ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:45 am 

IGN: [SFG] DKmintz
Current Life: 1.6 hrs
Time Alive: 28.3 hrs

Murders: 1
Zombies Killed: 128

I'm not a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:

ROOFS!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:45 am 

IGN: [SFG] infected elvis
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 29.6 hrs
Humanity: 3,250

Murders: 0
Zombies Killed: 263

I'm not a bandit!
like SFG clan we found 60+tool boxes in 2 -3 days just need team work and concentrate of that you doing and what for you looking. Not like other noobs sitting in coast and shooting we going all other the map to found loot what we need and steal from the bases

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:03 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
DKmintz wrote:
Seaweed wrote:

ROOFS!

Yup theres even a roof building that you can open and close with an infopanel to park you helicopters ;)

The working booby traps are the thing I'm most excited for. It's the only basebuiilding item you can build at another person base. Likewise the people who own the base can surround it with their own traps and their members won't be blown up by them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:10 am 

IGN: Investoren
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
I dont like the idea at all. Like Marv tho, I cant give a proper comment until I know how all theese new things are gonna work.

Like, afaik watchtowers etc. cant be removed by other players than the owner itself, right? atleast it used to be like that. How will theese garages and new houses(read: containers with roofs) be? Unable for other players to toolbox them away, or not?
If this is the case, do not add that shit at all. I can just see the coming scenario.....

And as you say, how rediculous isnt it, to just build a base and place like 100 boobytraps around your base and inside. It will be even harder to attack bases, adding your mates to a booby trap? Like for real? comon.... Thats not realistic at all. Whats realistic about boobytraps is only that your mates know where you placed it, not that they cannot be blown up by it!!

And ROOOFS?!?! oh my. I say no more.

I agree to one thing, yeah it looks cool, it sounds cool and all that. But imo its too much. I like the BB as it is now. It gives you other ways to attack someones base than just hoarding 10000000 toolboxes and breaking in. Like when we dropped Damp into SFG base, and made him camp inside for 4 days waiting for the perfect opportunity. Or when you dropped MrZ in there as well.

About potentially loosing everything we've farmed for since summer, would be sad tbh. My mates can speak for themselves, but I know there will be rage.
If we loose it all, we are def not gonna build a new base.

And SW, shouldnt you just drop working on a new BB mod, and use more of your spare time to play? And we could have more epic fights like we just had ;D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:39 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Investoren wrote:
I dont like the idea at all. Like Marv tho, I cant give a proper comment until I know how all theese new things are gonna work.

Like, afaik watchtowers etc. cant be removed by other players than the owner itself, right? atleast it used to be like that. How will theese garages and new houses(read: containers with roofs) be? Unable for other players to toolbox them away, or not?
If this is the case, do not add that shit at all. I can just see the coming scenario.....

And as you say, how rediculous isnt it, to just build a base and place like 100 boobytraps around your base and inside. It will be even harder to attack bases, adding your mates to a booby trap? Like for real? comon.... Thats not realistic at all. Whats realistic about boobytraps is only that your mates know where you placed it, not that they cannot be blown up by it!!

I agree to one thing, yeah it looks cool, it sounds cool and all that. But imo its too much. I like the BB as it is now. It gives you other ways to attack someones base than just hoarding 10000000 toolboxes and breaking in. Like when we dropped Damp into SFG base, and made him camp inside for 4 days waiting for the perfect opportunity. Or when you dropped MrZ in there as well.

About potentially loosing everything we've farmed for since summer, would be sad tbh. My mates can speak for themselves, but I know there will be rage.
If we loose it all, we are def not gonna build a new base.

And SW, shouldnt you just drop working on a new BB mod, and use more of your spare time to play? And we could have more epic fights like we just had ;D

No existing basebuilding item or feature is going to be removed it all works exactly the same way in terms of item removals etc. Any thing you can build now you can still build in 1.3. The percentage chance to remove each item is whatever I define it as, naturally I am not going to make them all a 3% chance especially things like roofs so you will need a secure perimeter....

As for the booby traps, they don't explode if you crawl and you have a chance to disarm them just like removing items. I of course don't know how well any of the stuff is going to work out in a live server in terms of balanced gamplay, I'm just converting daimyos existing code to work on 1.8. All it really means is you will have to keep your eyes out when you are near your base and maybe crawl and disarm it if you spot a booby trap.

The thing I don't understand about the hoarding, and I include pretty much everyone on the server who has a base in this. Is that you never even use the things you all hoard. Sure you might take the odd gun, but the collections of range finders, gps, guns etc 99% of it never gets used ever. It sits in tents and uses server resources and you all add extra tents and more items but you don't need most of them. I've watched everyones collections over all your time playing here. It's weird to me but I guess that's because I've never been able to play that way. I kind of understand now why by default dayz has so many methods to clean up tents because they get crazy after a while. To me it seems people like the idea of knowing they have stuff somewhere a lot more than actually using that stuff.

Any way I'm not planning on deleting any currently used bases or tents at the moment unless I really have to. At the moment the stupid complications with keycodes are eating masses of my free time anyway with the current version of the mod. Without the new version there is no solution to that. I would love to drop the BB entirely I've said that for a long time, its been a pain in my ass since I put it on the server. It doesn't matter if its the current version or the new one, it encourages duping and glitching of all types and eats a lot of my time policing it and fixing bugs. It's also however the main reason we have the playerbase we do. If I took away basebuilding and every ones giant collections of hoarded belongings the server would soon be empty.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:51 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:

...it's pretty crazy how much more you have built than anyone else Marv and how many resources SFG have. If I didn't know better I would have banned you for duping months ago! It really does boggle my mind how anyone can gather that many supplies though, and at the speed at which you do it. Not to mention what you have in your tents etc. I get people complaining to me all the time the basebuilding resources are too hard to find. Maybe I should start redirecting those people to you haha

hahaha, what a surprise i'm top with the number of objects placed. And yes SW it has ALL been obtained legit. We either play on the server for hours and hours per day to loot for this stuff, or we trade with the likes of Mad, Grav, Taicho or we go and rob bases to get assets.

I'm proud of my clan members, i'm proud of the way they conduct themselves on your server. I will NOT tolerate cheating in anyway shape or form in my clan. All of my clan members know this, and know the outcome if they are found to be doing so.

But as DKMintz has said, we are baffled that no one else has went to the lengths that we have to build a base. I mean yes...there are lots of them...but without sounding pompous...none of them are anywhere near as large or as well layed out as ours.

As for the hoarding SW, I totally agree. Even we do it...but I guess it's just a natural thing to do when you have a game with items in. People are going to collect and hoard them...regardless if they can ever use all of this stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:12 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
GeordieMarv wrote:
As for the hoarding SW, I totally agree. Even we do it...but I guess it's just a natural thing to do when you have a game with items in. People are going to collect and hoard them...regardless if they can ever use all of this stuff.

I guess in a game with no end game the contents of peoples tents becomes their end game. I probably get more annoyed with it than most because I only see one side of it most of the time. Which is usually "I lost the contents of my tent wtf admin", "I lost my backpack because i put it on the ground and the server restarted spawn me another one in now admin", "my car blew up because of a bug spawn me a new one in please" etc etc

If I didn't run a server I'd probably be packing a tent with DMR's and Rangefinders along with the rest of you ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:57 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
:D

As I have said in previous posts...our base is pretty much finished. So I can't see us placing a great deal more.
I feel a tad guilty now seeing my object count but make no apologies for building a cool base. All of [SFG] have had a great time building it over the last couple months.

Last edited by GeordieMarv on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:07 pm 

IGN: dech
Current Life: 9.3 hrs
Time Alive: 248.3 hrs
Humanity: 106

Murders: 2
Bandit Kills: 2
Deaths: 72
Zombies Killed: 1,557

I'm not a bandit!
BB 1.3 things looks good (exept AI shit).
There is a server with BB 1.3. Maybe someone would try or ask some question to players on this server.
https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/78.70.71.143:2302/

For a new and little team like us, loosing everything is not very important, but i can understand MM and SFG point of view.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:23 am 

IGN: Investoren
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
191 BASEBUILDING ITEMS?!

I didnt register that until now, wth, WHAT THE FUCK MARV. HAHA.

You got 2x the amount of bb items alone, compared to what me, Damp and Sam have together!!!!

Zeleno factory is OP tho. Or your placement of your base is more OP based on nearby recources.
You sick farmer. thats madness crazy :D

We had a chat - If bb wont be able to be restored into the new one your going to add SW, we will handle it. Yes I know you say you can do it etc., but you kinda have to valuable your sparetime too :)

We always have a plan A and a plan B in fights. We have a plan B if BB whipe is to happen:)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:27 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
Investoren. The factory @ Zelenogorsk wasn't there when we first started placing our base. if you don't believe me ask Seaweed. The factory was placed there a good few weeks AFTER we started building our base. We used to have to go to Polana etc to get BB supplies.

As I have said, our base is awesome...but it has taken 5 clan members 2 months to get the resources to make this. it's not like we built this base in a few days. It has taken a huge effort by all my clan members. Not just me!

That being said...we still wouldn't give a shit if the entire base was deleted. It's just virtual items. Although again as I have said...i'm sure there will be plenty of people the go MENTAL at their 2 containers being deleted.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
GeordieMarv wrote:
That being said...we still wouldn't give a shit if the entire base was deleted. It's just virtual items. Although again as I have said...i'm sure there will be plenty of people the go MENTAL at their 2 containers being deleted.

I've had people go mental at me before because their character with a patrol pack and lee enfield which they had for 1 night was lost :P

No existing items should be lost though I just have a few final kinks to work out, shouldn't be too much longer now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:37 am 

I'm not a bandit!
Investoren wrote:

I have to say I agree with Investoren here too. If part of the problem is object count, surely having the ability to lay 100 booby traps around an already massive base (ours as example) will just add to the problem? Unless these objects are handled differently (instanced objects for example?).

I also don't like the sound of adding clan mates to a booby trap list so they don't detonate! To me a booby trap is just that. It should be deadly to everyone. If clan members can't remember where they placed them or aren't paying attention and get killed by one...then that's there own fault. Making them safe to anyone on a list just kinda feels like the game is being dumbed down to me.

As for the roofs...well as a small car port roof/garage fair enough! But if this gives people the ability cover entire bases, I think this also sucks. Nothing should ever be 100% safe in DayZ. Having roofs over everything will make it much easier for people to hoard vehicles. There is not much of a threat from the air, or it is significantly reduced. So no fear of helicopters shooting your shit up!

Not too mention as Investoren has again said...what about the awesome ability to parachute or land helis into a base? TS and MM have parachuted in our base before. And it has lead to some epic fights etc. I would hate to lose this mechanic\threat\paranoia\fun from the game. It's what we build a base for. So we can defend it from attack...or attack other clans bases.

Just my 2p worth I guess :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:22 am 

IGN: Dampveivals
Current Life: 1.3 hrs
Time Alive: 716.8 hrs
Humanity: -462,507

Murders: 257
Bandit Kills: 163
Deaths: 189
Zombies Killed: 11,977

I'm a bandit!
GeordieMarv wrote:
Investoren wrote:

I have to say I agree with Investoren here too. If part of the problem is object count, surely having the ability to lay 100 booby traps around an already massive base (ours as example) will just add to the problem? Unless these objects are handled differently (instanced objects for example?).

I also don't like the sound of adding clan mates to a booby trap list so they don't detonate! To me a booby trap is just that. It should be deadly to everyone. If clan members can't remember where they placed them or aren't paying attention and get killed by one...then that's there own fault. Making them safe to anyone on a list just kinda feels like the game is being dumbed down to me.

As for the roofs...well as a small car port roof/garage fair enough! But if this gives people the ability cover entire bases, I think this also sucks. Nothing should ever be 100% safe in DayZ. Having roofs over everything will make it much easier for people to hoard vehicles. There is not much of a threat from the air, or it is significantly reduced. So no fear of helicopters shooting your shit up!

Not too mention as Investoren has again said...what about the awesome ability to parachute or land helis into a base? TS and MM have parachuted in our base before. And it has lead to some epic fights etc. I would hate to lose this mechanic\threat\paranoia\fun from the game. It's what we build a base for. So we can defend it from attack...or attack other clans bases.

Just my 2p worth I guess :D

I agree 100%, the booby trap immunity and roofs seem kinda unbalanced!

Apart from that I can't wait to see all the new shit!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Warning for all basebuilders

There will be a hard limit on the number of bases you can build under the new plugin. I am planning on limiting this to either 1 or 2 bases maximum per clan.

Those of you who have more will be affected in the following way. Your items will be removable, however you will not be able to rebuild them in that area again if you already have reached the allowed number of bases (controlled by flagpoles that you build). I thought I'd give you all a heads up early so those of you with multiple bases can start consolidating your supplies into one area ahead of time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:41 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
This is quite a nice nerf to big clans :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:25 pm 

IGN: B3ll
Time Alive: 238.8 hrs
Humanity: -85,577

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 36
Deaths: 91
Zombies Killed: 1,698

I'm a bandit!
Wait, are the current bases staying in and the new base building is being added on top of that? Or is every base building item being wiped off the map?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:35 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
B3ll wrote:
Wait, are the current bases staying in and the new base building is being added on top of that? Or is every base building item being wiped off the map?

All the current bases will be staying in but owners with more than 2 bases will only end up being able to use 2. Their others will be removable but cannot be rebuilt in the same area.

At least that is I what I can gather from Seaweed's post.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
tomisafish wrote:
B3ll wrote:

All the current bases will be staying in but owners with more than 2 bases will only end up being able to use 2. Their others will be removable but cannot be rebuilt in the same area.

At least that is I what I can gather from Seaweed's post.

This

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:10 pm 

IGN: B3ll
Time Alive: 238.8 hrs
Humanity: -85,577

Murders: 36
Bandit Kills: 36
Deaths: 91
Zombies Killed: 1,698

I'm a bandit!
Ah okay, so these "flagpole" things define the area that 1 base is in?

edit: nevermind, I think I understand what is happening now :)