Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Still more annoying basebuilding bugs

The codes messaged to you in game after you rebuild something aren't correct. Pm me and I can give you your infopanel codes for now.

Remember you can always remove stuff you own even if you have died now so you should still be able to get into your base that way.

Post subject: Re: WTF SEAWEED WHERES MY STUFF GONE
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs

I'm a bandit!
Just a quick update on the general state of things atm

Almost everything is up and running correctly on the new database format. I still have the annoying job of rewriting all my stats queries for the new database format. Until that is finished the stats at zerosurvival.net/stats won't be live. I won't be looking at this until the new basebuilding is running stable.

There are big things on the way for all you basebuilding fans. I'm currently working with another guy on getting the latest version of basebuilding finished and working under 1.8. Progress has been good so far with the majority of the new features working already. After that we just have bugs to fix and code to tidy up. Finally I have to figure out how I'm going to merge all the existing bases into this new system. Honestly I would rather just delete everything and start a fresh but I'm sure there would be uproar if I did that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:28 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
Nice, don't really care if bases would get deleted personally, probably too much work of giving evreone their shit back

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs

I'm a bandit!
Eberteby wrote:
Nice, don't really care if bases would get deleted personally, probably too much work of giving evreone their shit back

Yes it's quite a lot of work to transfer the old BB items and tents to the new system, but its doable. Mostly I am worried because there's over a thousand objects now and it really hurts server performance at times. With the new system people are going to be building even more items and its going to start to take its toll.

People care about their stuff a lot it seems though based on my experience and if I was to remove them all when I bring the new system in it could hurt the player count a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:45 pm 

IGN: [SFG] GeordieMarv
Current Life: 0.6 hrs
Time Alive: 33.2 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 3
Bandit Kills: 1
Deaths: 10
Zombies Killed: 130

I'm not a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
[...Mostly I am worried because there's over a thousand objects now and it really hurts server performance at times. With the new system people are going to be building even more items and its going to start to take its toll.

There are lots of old base bits lying around the server. Some of these were placed by people that us regulars haven't seen for months. So I'm sure a bit of a tidy up would help (probably not much though). If it's any consolation, our base is pretty much finished.

I've said it before and I'll say it again though...if we have to lose our base...the so be it mate. You're right though, I'm sure some people with even tiny bases would go mental. Which is funny...considering our base is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) base on the server. And we wouldn't be too upset by it. If it's too much of a problem to sort...wipe the lot SW.

Obviously we would like to keep it if we can, but you do have a social life mate. You can't spend every spare minute of your time sorting stuff out in DayZ. Some people need to appreciate this I guess before they kick off about losing a few virtual items.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:40 pm 

IGN: [SFG] DKmintz
Current Life: 1.6 hrs
Time Alive: 28.3 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 5
Zombies Killed: 128

I'm not a bandit!
GeordieMarv wrote:
Some people need to appreciate this I guess before they kick off about losing a few virtual items.

Oohhhhh Im not sure SW would want to risk this happening......