Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What Map?
Chernarus (1.7.6.1) 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Chernarus (1.7.6.1) 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Chernarus (1.7.7 Same as Currently) 17%  17%  [ 13 ]
Chernarus (1.7.7 Same as Currently) 17%  17%  [ 13 ]
Celle 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Celle 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Fallujah 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Fallujah 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lingor 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lingor 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Namalsk 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Namalsk 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Panthera 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Panthera 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sahrani 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sahrani 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Takistan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Takistan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Taviana 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Taviana 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 76

What Do You Want to See Whilst 1.7.7 is Broken?

Post subject: Re: What Do You Want to See Whilst 1.7.7 is Broken?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:34 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
I changed something and gave it a restart *might* work ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:47 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Looks like the SFG guys made it in, hope it works ok dudes :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:34 pm 

IGN: [SFG] GeordieMarv
Current Life: 0.6 hrs
Time Alive: 33.2 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 3
Bandit Kills: 1
Deaths: 10
Zombies Killed: 130

I'm not a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
Looks like the SFG guys made it in, hope it works ok dudes :D

Yeah, 4 or 5 of us just played on the test server for about an hour. Seems ok so far to be honest. But I need to play it more tonight, so will post again once I've had a proper run about etc. As an hour isn't enough time to give a proper evaluation really.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:32 pm 

IGN: [SFG] infected elvis
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 29.6 hrs
Humanity: 3,250

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 5
Zombies Killed: 263

I'm not a bandit!
i played more than hr running smooth no issues just same bugs ( running zeds through the walls) and all items looks like rare like found helli in cherno got most of items need to repair glass and no options only for main rotor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:41 pm 

No Gamer Profile
[SFG] infected elvis wrote:
i played more than hr running smooth no issues just same bugs ( running zeds through the walls) and all items looks like rare like found helli in cherno got most of items need to repair glass and no options only for main rotor

if your only option is to repair the main rotor, that might be all thats needed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Dynamic crash sites and custom level additions added to server #2 lots of other things still to fix but I'm done for the night.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:35 am 

No Gamer Profile
chopper freaked me out. i thought it was tom in a russian heli but it was a dynamic crash site.

also, factory in zeleno is screwed up. it got rotated on import. i updated the map by moving it away from any existing dayz structures and upped the zip. the rotation really screwed up one of the stair wells. newest version in the map thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:53 am 

IGN: Hershel G.
Time Alive: 1.2 hrs

Deaths: 1
Zombies Killed: 25

I'm not a bandit!
hey,
I can't login to the #2 server. It always tells me "Bad Version, Server rejected connection."
This also happend on #1 during the short time when it had 1.7.7.1 installed.
In DayZ Commander everything is up to date.
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:47 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
mappen wrote:
hey,
I can't login to the #2 server. It always tells me "Bad Version, Server rejected connection."
This also happend on #1 during the short time when it had 1.7.7.1 installed.
In DayZ Commander everything is up to date.
Thanks

You should only see this when you have an incorrect arma or dayz patch, could be something is corrupt re-install both to check. I use the same ARMA patch version as the server.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:12 pm 

IGN: [SFG] infected elvis
Time Alive: 29.6 hrs
Humanity: 3,250

Deaths: 5
Zombies Killed: 263

I'm not a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
There is now 2 servers: a 1.7.7.1 server (not whitelisted) and a 1.7.6.1, the old 1.7.6.1 will remain the "primary" whilst I test the 1.7.7.1 server and merge mods.

Please test the .7.7.1 and let me know if you experience any more login problems etc, reality has had a couple of updates and is hopefully stable enough to run it now....

When I update the "primary" server if you would rather keep your current character from the new 1.7.7.1 server, that can be arranged manually for you.

Also the new 1.7.7.1 has 4 helicopters minimum to keep you amused whilst you test ;)

hey Seaweed can you save my character what i'm playing now on 1.7.7.1, because i will be aFK for min 1 week max 3 weeks many thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:27 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
Well I've now played quite a bit last night on 1.7.7.1. And also played for an hour or two this afternoon.
It seems pretty stable to me to be honest (no login problems), liking the new patch apart from the fact they have dumbed down zombies again. :(

But they are getting buffed again in 1.7.7.2 apparently :D ...well according to razors post in the forums. So looking forward to that. Loving the rarity of items now. Stuff feels like it's worth something.

Antibiotics are still far to rare in my opinion. Getting infected is good, but a definite kiss of death. I wouldn't want them to remove it at all though. I just feel as a player you don't really stand much chance of curing your infection. Here's hoping they add the alcohol to put on a wound or something.

All in all, good work on the patch. And good work to you Seaweed for getting this test server up for us to try and report back on. I hope you don't tweak the loot tables too much though. Stuff should be rare, otherwise finding stuff is a bit "meh".

Currently finding something like a 18 slot BAP is like...OMFG I found a good bag. Much better than running into a building and seeing 3 of them in one room.

Please keep the rarity of loot the same. by all means add different weapons etc like you did on 1.7.6. But keep the spawn rates low. Stuff should be rare, this is a Zombie apocalypse after all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:18 pm 

No Gamer Profile
found 2 crash sites with 1 trash pile in each. no weapons. coulda been bad luck. also, checked all hospitals and no blood bags. found 2 antibiotics in one of the hospitals.

got knocked down in elektro and was frozen in one spot after coming to my feet, holding an invisible gun. couldnt move and got beat to death by zeds. i could alt-look around, but not turn or move. i could chat etc, but character was paralyzed standing up. happened to another SFG member shortly after and he was carrying a gun.

other than that, its been fine. will report more bugs as i see them.

note: if anyone is in a flying machine, watch the time. there are no restart warnings at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!

Addons now added

- Dynamic crash sites (just hueys or mi7's for now all the fun stuff is banned)
- Gut humans
- Remove clothes (working partially currently the body will be hidden after you try it!)
edit: new fix coming after the next restart which *should* fix it....
- Remove parts from vehicles
- All the old level additions

What do you guys want to see most next?

For me it's the debug monitor but that is proving very troublesome at the moment, even bmrf etc don't have debug on this patch yet. I am also working on a new loot table, a lot of the old things I added are banned again but some things I can definitely change, number one being availability of antibiotics!

The current player counts make me sad :( so let me know what you want to see to get everyone back playing under one server on 1.7.7.1! Then I can get back to looking at a second server for another map....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:29 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
I think the biggest problem is the low player count itself^^

If there would be 15 players online during an evening, I am sure it will jump up to 25-30 again.

Mayby we could advertise our server somewhere with a survivor game or something I don't know^^

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Eberteby wrote:
I think the biggest problem is the low player count itself^^

If there would be 15 players online during an evening, I am sure it will jump up to 25-30 again.

Mayby we could advertise our server somewhere with a survivor game or something I don't know^^

Unfortunately I can't run any events this weekend as I have some irl stuff going on, I think a lot of the time its a problem because no one logs in, because no one is online.... So you have up to 15 people who aren't logging in each night because they only see 3 others online. For instance we had like 2-3 players a night until 1.7.7.1 was released, first night on that patch and the player count is up to 15-20 again because everyone wants to try it. I know you guys are lurking I hope you start playing again, or let me know what I can do to aid that.

Bringing in new signups is a lot easier with the base players (5-15) to begin with, we are lacking that since the new patch came out :( I will do another survivor games soon but my time is all being spent getting the server as stable as possible right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:00 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
Yea, that's exactly what I mean :p

As a hoarder I think basebuilding would be cool to get back, might start people playing knowing if there is nobody else around they can stash some guns / vehicles so when there are more people around they can just pick up their best shit :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
Maybe im just a killjoy but I'm still not finding it fun to play with the new zombies so im gonna keep lurking and playing namalsk. I reckon i will log in to the 1.7.6.1 server a bit though, so i dont burn out on namalsk.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:36 am 

IGN: Julien
Current Life: 0.4 hrs
Time Alive: 0.4 hrs

Murders: 1
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 4

I'm not a bandit!
agreed with eberteby, basebuilding would get me and luca back ASAP!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:21 am 

IGN: TheZohan
Current Life: 2.3 hrs
Time Alive: 787.5 hrs
Humanity: -1,056

Murders: 120
Bandit Kills: 108
Deaths: 198
Zombies Killed: 4,685

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
got knocked down in elektro and was frozen in one spot after coming to my feet, holding an invisible gun. couldnt move and got beat to death by zeds. i could alt-look around, but not turn or move. i could chat etc, but character was paralyzed standing up. happened to another SFG member shortly after and he was carrying a gun.

I was running around testing this last night, it only ever happens after the new knock down animation :cry: the only way I've found to get out of it is to vault but by the time the vault animation is done you've usually taken a load of damage.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:08 pm 

IGN: Deathdude
Time Alive: 96.0 hrs

Murders: 14
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 26
Zombies Killed: 2,053

I'm not a bandit!
i got knocked down yesterday, but my character didn't freeze. So im guessing its an intermittent problem

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:00 pm 

IGN: Investoren
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
MM has been lurking a little, waiting to see things getting fixed etc again before playing. Didnt really see the point of playing while stuff was so broken and shit. But we will get back on again as usual, soon. A couple on vacation etc.

I want basebuilding back! I need to destroy MaD's base !! For me, and most of MM this game is only fun because of basebuilding and PvP! We also want the loot table to be similar to what it was, maybe some degrades on certain things, and maybe not always being able to find 10 weapons on a crash site (lower it a bit). BUT again, more available guns/gear = the more fun pvp you get out of it imo! Its not fun to snipe freshspawns in elektro, when you know they cant give you a proper fight back....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:12 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
Well a good four or five of [SFG] have been playing on the new test server for days now. Seeing other players on there is a rarity at the moment. I'm sure things will pick up soon. But currently players are scattered between server 1 (1.7.6.1) and server 2 (1.7.7.1).

Once there is just one main server running the latest version with mods/seaweeds code etc...i'm sure numbers will pick up again. Some people just hate 1.7.7.1 and they simply won't play though. :(

I'm quite the opposite, I love 1.7.7.1 (except for the dumbed down zombies again). It's just much harder and more of a challenge. And loot/food/water is much rarer in general. It feels more of a real experience to me. As you have to be a bit more careful now.

I don't think I could go back to 1.7.6.1. with zombies not much of a threat and loot/food/weapons & ammo FAR to easy to find. But everyone has their own opinions of what version they like and why. It doesn't make their opinions any less valid than mine. Maybe 1.7.7.2 will be the magic fix that makes everyone happy?

I guess we will have to wait and see. Personally I don't think we will ever see decent zombie AI/behaviour/animations until standalone.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Rumour has it the basebuilding plugin can be made to work with 1.7.7.1, once I have this figured out there is only one more thing I think we definitely need which is a new loot table before I switch 1.7.7.1 to being the main server. Mostly just to make antibiotics more common!

I hope by next weekend we can all be back under one server and on the new patch.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Merging basebuilding went even better than expected on my first attempt....

It works except for saving to the database right now (which is a big deal obviously, but I was expecting more to be broken) I will continue debugging the issue tomorrow.

I would still like to revamp the buildable item list somewhat and now is probably the perfect time to do that before people have already started building new bases. Still hopefully we are only a few days away from all being back under one server again :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:38 am 

IGN: Deathdude
Time Alive: 96.0 hrs

Murders: 14
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 26
Zombies Killed: 2,053

I'm not a bandit!
me and coffmad found 6 antibiotics yesterday... (admitadly two of them were from another player coffmad killed) So im not even sure that the antibiotics themselves are that rare if the loot piles actually spawn. I think the issue is that loot piles still quite often don't spawn. Yesterday me and coffmad were the only ones on the server (had been for about an hour), and the berezeno hospital spawned nothing at all, not even tin cans and many places in berezino hadn't spawned loot. I think the issue is that loot piles themselves have become rarer, not the spawn chance of the antibiotics themselves.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next