Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What Map?
Chernarus (1.7.6.1) 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Chernarus (1.7.6.1) 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Chernarus (1.7.7 Same as Currently) 17%  17%  [ 13 ]
Chernarus (1.7.7 Same as Currently) 17%  17%  [ 13 ]
Celle 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Celle 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Fallujah 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Fallujah 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lingor 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lingor 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Namalsk 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Namalsk 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Panthera 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Panthera 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sahrani 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sahrani 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Takistan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Takistan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Taviana 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Taviana 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 76

What Do You Want to See Whilst 1.7.7 is Broken?

Post subject: Re: What Do You Want to See Whilst 1.7.7 is Broken?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:56 pm 

IGN: [SFG] GeordieMarv
Current Life: 0.6 hrs
Time Alive: 33.2 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 3
Bandit Kills: 1
Deaths: 10
Zombies Killed: 130

I'm not a bandit!
He is setting it up now. Easier to password it to stop people connecting and getting annoyed cos it's restarting every 5 mins as it's being setup. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
MaD | Fredrich wrote:
Hey Seaweed.
I want to connect but server send an password.

There will be a password until I have it working.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!

1.7.7.1 deployed (i hope)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:42 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
Love you Seaweed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/top ... 71-hotfix/

Download here if its not on dayzcommander yet...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:21 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
tom, sirus, killswitch and i played some namalsk yesterday. i forgot how fun and unforgiving, yet forgiving that map is. namalsk giveth and it taketh away.

Still having more fun in 'malsk than I did playing 1.7.7.1 today. I will bear with this patch a little while i suppose, but I just dont get a kick out of still having to prone in to a town and be the zombies bitch.

The Loot - More fun, interesting guns that i havent used before, and while ammo isn't massively abundant, you can find a nice weapon with relative ease. Food and Drink are harder to find, this means you are still playing a Survival game.
Zombies - They can still fuck you over, but not unreasonably. They punish you for your mistakes but you can lose the in trees and they dont agro like no tomorrow.
EVR - Forces everyone in the server to get in to a building. This can completely turn the tides in PvP when both sides suddenly realise there is only one place they can go. :D
Static Crashsites/Mountain Barracks/Weather/Warm Clothes/1 hospital etc - Is what makes this map unique imo. If you want to survive you HAVE to go to these areas. This draws players closer together and creates a more chaotic, fighting for your life situation.

Why am I still going on about this?
I honestly feel like way over half our player base craves PvP, and this map delivers it in a great way and I want everyone to try it because I think they would like it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
tomisafish wrote:
SNM! Omen wrote:
tom, sirus, killswitch and i played some namalsk yesterday. i forgot how fun and unforgiving, yet forgiving that map is. namalsk giveth and it taketh away.

Still having more fun in 'malsk than I did playing 1.7.7.1 today. I will bear with this patch a little while i suppose, but I just dont get a kick out of still having to prone in to a town and be the zombies bitch.

The Loot - More fun, interesting guns that i havent used before, and while ammo isn't massively abundant, you can find a nice weapon with relative ease. Food and Drink are harder to find, this means you are still playing a Survival game.
Zombies - They can still fuck you over, but not unreasonably. They punish you for your mistakes but you can lose the in trees and they dont agro like no tomorrow.
EVR - Forces everyone in the server to get in to a building. This can completely turn the tides in PvP when both sides suddenly realise there is only one place they can go. :D
Static Crashsites/Mountain Barracks/Weather/Warm Clothes/1 hospital etc - Is what makes this map unique imo. If you want to survive you HAVE to go to these areas. This draws players closer together and creates a more chaotic, fighting for your life situation.

Why am I still going on about this?
I honestly feel like way over half our player base craves PvP, and this map delivers it in a great way and I want everyone to try it because I think they would like it.

I'm still thinking about a second server, but right now I have work to do getting reality stable on 1.7.7.1 and merging mods, I will work on a second server too but this requires a separate reality build. Maybe within 1-2 days I can have a second server up if I'm not too distracted with the main one. I think another map is more sensible than running an old patch that will soon be outdated. I'm a big Namalsk fan, always have been since it was first released but it's a totally different game to playing Chernarus which will always be "true" dayz in my eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Main server has been downgraded temporarily to 1.7.6.1 database has been restored to pre-restart times

This was to fix the problems 1.7.7.1 brought with people being unable to login to the server at all (black screen) I believe these are only down to the lack of a reality update yet, and are nothing to do with the patch itself. Rather than going back to the broken 1.7.7 I know you all hate it was easier for me to just restore my old backup.

From the playtime I had with this new patch I think it will be a step in the right direction, and as soon as reality has been confirmed as stable again in my test server on 1.7.7.1 the main server will be restored to this. I will continue to try and get a namalsk server setup in the mean time too also but first I need a stable 1.7.7.1 server.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:58 am 

IGN: VV4RRi0RX
Current Life: 6.9 hrs
Time Alive: 53.4 hrs
Humanity: -17,104

Murders: 21
Bandit Kills: 2
Deaths: 51
Zombies Killed: 772

I'm a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
Main server has been downgraded temporarily to 1.7.6.1 database has been restored to pre-restart times

I think this is the best thing to do in the meantime, i want my fellas back in the game.
I, can personally deal with the new Zed's since i almost get never hit by them with mah strafin' skillz, but if there is a backup done, they'll come back and play with us until the 1.7.7.1 is polished and modded ! :]

Ty Seaweed<3 :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:41 pm 

IGN: Julien
Current Life: 0.4 hrs
Time Alive: 0.4 hrs

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 4

I'm not a bandit!
Got a question for sea: since you downgraded the server to 1.7.6.1 , if we expand our build now, will you implement it in 1.7.7.1(when the time has come) like it was before 1.7.7 or will you take the database from now ,meaning that new additions will be taken into account?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Julien wrote:
Got a question for sea: since you downgraded the server to 1.7.6.1 , if we expand our build now, will you implement it in 1.7.7.1(when the time has come) like it was before 1.7.7 or will you take the database from now ,meaning that new additions will be taken into account?

It will be a rolling backup when restorations are done. So when we go onto 1.7.7.1 again all kills will be brought forward from the current backup.

I will backup the buildings again and if I do bring a backup of the bases back it will be this backup I use. So feel free to expand your base, but I am not promising I won't want to just start a fresh anyway when/if I do bring the basebuilding back.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:46 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
basebuilding in itself is one of the main reasons the server is so fun (at least for me). it provides security (not total, but almost) and is super interesting. as for restoring the old bases i'd say its a quite problematic topic. on the one hand ,sure, dont let the old bases reappear, on the other hand its months of "work" wasted for the big clans(you can probably relate). Also it would be problematic to rebuild nice and big bases with the scarse loot there is now, would have to tune down the ingredients needed IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Julien wrote:
basebuilding in itself is one of the main reasons the server is so fun (at least for me). it provides security (not total, but almost) and is super interesting. as for restoring the old bases i'd say its a quite problematic topic. on the one hand ,sure, dont let the old bases reappear, on the other hand its months of "work" wasted for the big clans(you can probably relate). Also it would be problematic to rebuild nice and big bases with the scarse loot there is now, would have to tune down the ingredients needed IMO.

Any new basebuilding update (assuming there is one remember) will probably bring with it a new list of recipes, and items that you can build. This itself adds complications in restoring the current bases.

Not to mention the fact that there have been duping issues throughout the whole time the mod was running that I know full well people have exploited to construct things. You yourself told me before that you accidentally duped several of your own bases walls. From my perspective it is much more simple to start a fresh.

This is all a long way away from even worrying about at the moment anyway, the basebuiilding mod is a complex beast and needs rewriting by its creator or someone else for the new patch. When I do bring it back, making sure recipes are difficult to obtain but of course not impossible with whatever the loot table is then is part of my job.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:49 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
Yeah sounds pretty complicated now that you say it. Also of course you know a whole world more about the whole process of implementing these mods in an already unstable mod :D i guess we will have to wait and see!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:53 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
I wont go back to 1.7.6.
So until this server is at 1.7.7.1, I have no other choice but to play elsewhere.
Dissapointed that 1.7.7.1 was on for all of half a day, but appreciate this is what most people wanted.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
GeordieMarv wrote:
I wont go back to 1.7.6.
So until this server is at 1.7.7.1, I have no other choice but to play elsewhere.
Dissapointed that 1.7.7.1 was on for all of half a day, but appreciate this is what most people wanted.

Its nothing to do with the poll the poll was always with regards to a second sever.

1.7.7.1 broke the whole server last night and it was easier to roll back to 1.7.6.1 for a day or two till reality is stable.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:25 pm 

IGN: VV4RRi0RX
Current Life: 6.9 hrs
Time Alive: 53.4 hrs
Humanity: -17,104

Murders: 21
Bandit Kills: 2
Deaths: 51
Zombies Killed: 772

I'm a bandit!

29%
29%
29%

LOL ! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:55 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
GeordieMarv wrote:
I wont go back to 1.7.6.

Its nothing to do with the poll the poll was always with regards to a second sever.

1.7.7.1 broke the whole server last night and it was easier to roll back to 1.7.6.1 for a day or two till reality is stable.

Yeah I know matey. I was looking forward to playing it that is all. I only had about 30 mins on 1.7.7.1 yesterday before I had to go off.

And I appreciate if reality is barfed and stopping people logging in, that it's the logical thing to do.
I'm still allowed to be disappointed that my favourite server isn't running the version I want to play though. :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:07 pm 

IGN: Mojoo
Current Life: 0.2 hrs
Time Alive: 0.6 hrs

Murders: 0
Deaths: 2
Zombies Killed: 0

I'm not a bandit!
Same here, probably gonna stop playing for a while. Since now our shit is resetted again and we are back to the older version-_-. Gonna wait till this shit is all fixed, getting sick of it now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:44 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
Mojoo wrote:
Same here, probably gonna stop playing for a while. Since now our shit is resetted again and we are back to the older version-_-. Gonna wait till this shit is all fixed, getting sick of it now.

Just make sure your anger is directed at the devs, not our admin ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:45 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
There is now 2 servers: a 1.7.7.1 server (not whitelisted) and a 1.7.6.1, the old 1.7.6.1 will remain the "primary" whilst I test the 1.7.7.1 server and merge mods.

Please test the .7.7.1 and let me know if you experience any more login problems etc, reality has had a couple of updates and is hopefully stable enough to run it now....

When I update the "primary" server if you would rather keep your current character from the new 1.7.7.1 server, that can be arranged manually for you.

Also the new 1.7.7.1 has 4 helicopters minimum to keep you amused whilst you test ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:15 am 

IGN: Investoren
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
I just tested login on the 7.7.1 server, and I got blackscreen. I let it wait for around 5 minutes, to see if it was some sort of delay, but still blackscreen appearing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:19 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Investoren wrote:
I just tested login on the 7.7.1 server, and I got blackscreen. I let it wait for around 5 minutes, to see if it was some sort of delay, but still blackscreen appearing.

Yeah its not working right now something I can't sort right now whilst at work I'll post when I've got it up thanks for checking

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:23 am 

IGN: Investoren
Time Alive: 574.8 hrs
Humanity: -293,162

Murders: 153
Bandit Kills: 92
Deaths: 234
Zombies Killed: 7,180

I'm a bandit!
Np, just let me know if you need someone to test it again, or test something ingame. Ill be on the whole day. On TS as well if you need it. I just want my favorite game up and running<3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:27 am 

IGN: [SFG] infected elvis
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 29.6 hrs
Humanity: 3,250

Murders: 0
Deaths: 5
Zombies Killed: 263

I'm not a bandit!
let me know as well all day im free i can test all day if you need

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next