Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What Map?
Chernarus (1.7.6.1) 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Chernarus (1.7.6.1) 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Chernarus (1.7.7 Same as Currently) 17%  17%  [ 13 ]
Chernarus (1.7.7 Same as Currently) 17%  17%  [ 13 ]
Celle 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Celle 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Fallujah 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Fallujah 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lingor 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lingor 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Namalsk 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Namalsk 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Panthera 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Panthera 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sahrani 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sahrani 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Takistan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Takistan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Taviana 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Taviana 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 76

What Do You Want to See Whilst 1.7.7 is Broken?

Post subject: Re: What Do You Want to See Whilst 1.7.7 is Broken?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:15 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Just read the whole list. Man I hope these things really are fixed. The green items are delicious.

* [FIXED] - Crashsite loot spawn fixed.
* [FIXED] - LOS should now reset correct.
* [FIXED] - Updated Chopper Repair system to include hull and missiles.
* [FIXED] - Blood transfusion should now work properly.
* [FIXED] - Zeds can knock you unconscious again.
* [FIXED] - Issue with built items not display properly over the network.
* [FIXED] - Changing clothes while in a gear menu of a pile/vehicle/tent will no longer crash your game.
* [FIXED] - Fixed duplication of mags via combining/converting and duplication of tents/built items.
* [FIXED] - 100% damaged vehicles do not respawn anymore.
* [FIXED] - Added check to make sure no one is within 30 meters of zed spawning.
* [FIXED] - Fixed bandit detection for kills and humanity changes.
* [FIXED] - Fixed an issue where you wouldn't be able to pick up any loot.
* [FIXED] - Fixed an issue where bandaging an other player wouldn't bandage them.
* [FIXED] - Added a range check to zed attacks, no more 5-10 meter hits.

* [UPDATED] - Color saturation starts to fade out at blood level 9000
* [UPDATED] - Rest to provide a 1% chance to cure infection (Can only be done once every 5 mins) (hope we can alter this)
* [UPDATED] - Updated tackle to provide knockdown from back of player and push from other directions.
* [UPDATED] - Zed will now attack again while prone with animation.
* [UPDATED] - Updated tackle animations to an actual stumble/trip animation (holding a pistol remains unchanged).
* [UPDATED] - Reported bike damage is divided by 10.
* [UPDATED] - Much quicker login/loading.
* [UPDATED] - More reliable loot spawns.
* [UPDATED] - Infection rates are much lower (based on #zeds attacking you) viral zeds have 4x greater infection rates
* [UPDATED] - player knockdown by zeds should be less common.

* [REMOVED] - Wild Zeds while we try to debug issues with FPS.
* [REMOVED] - Zeds will no longer spawn while in vehicles.

Both Removed sections are removed while we attempt to debug FPS issues some clients are having.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:

can we have it be a permanent map running along side Chenarus? (a nice break from chenarus every now and again)

Performance wise - yes it shouldn't impact on too much other than maybe longer loading times on login.

My theory is that even without whitelisting the other map server would remain empty though. Or our player base would be spread way to thinly across two servers.

The server player count is a fickle beast I am all too familiar after months of running a server. Once it drops to a certain point many people don't login simply because they believe the player count is too empty to warrant it. When you have 10-15 regular players even losing 5 of those players in one go can cost you the other 10. Once it's back to a certain level gaining both new logins and the old ones back is simple.

I can spend some time customizing this new server, but honestly that wouldn't happen until the main server had been stabilized. Each server mod will work differently on the new map and come with its own set of problems to resolve separate from Chernarus. I would never be able to continually keep updating 2x maps at once not to mentioning admining both of them. My focus at the moment is 100% on waiting for this 1.7.7 patch to be "hotfixed" into a stable state so I can add all the old modifications back.

Interesting question, put your dayz commander to one of the other maps say "Taviana" and filter for all servers with less than 5 players. I bet there's quite a lot of them? I bet as a percentage of the total number of Taviana servers it is also very high.... What is going to make us stand out from all of those other servers, because even if I do run another map you guys won't play on it unless there's lots of other people too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Now would be a very good time to spam the dayz devs with requests to get the plane damage fixed btw guys

edit: I asked again for you guys... http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/top ... try1374607

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:32 pm 

No Gamer Profile
for a map like namalsk or taviana, why would you need custom stuff on it? cant you just Ron-Co that bitch? "Set it and forget it"?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
for a map like namalsk or taviana, why would you need custom stuff on it? cant you just Ron-Co that bitch? "Set it and forget it"?

Because no one will play on an empty vanilla taviana server, I hosted one for 2 weeks when the dayz.st contract was waiting to expire. It had about 4 logins total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:46 pm 

No Gamer Profile
but that was when our main server max pop was like, 8 tho, right? (simbad flew the c-130 into me) and taviana was kinda new and glitchy back then. id play it from time to time. namalsk or taviana. all im saying is i guess people will find another map to fill in their desires to mix-it-up. either here or someone elses server. like when we would go play that irish namalsk server.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:54 pm 

IGN: [GIRD] rod
Current Life: 5.3 hrs
Time Alive: 5.3 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 12

I'm not a bandit!
Hey there,

I am spending an unholy amount of time on forums lately due to the 1.7.7 issue and needless to say i am fighting the changes made by that patch with all my heart. Especially since it doesn't bring anything new of real value and brakes things which previously worked decently. That's my opinion anyway and i have seen so many great games destroyed by bad ideas that i will remain adamant in fighting the changes 1.7.7 made to the game and the direction it's headed.

More to the point, the reason i don't really play anymore is that i hate 1.7.7. Not only because of infection but also for the tons of bugs it brang back with it.

If it was only me that wouldn't be such a great issue but so does my whole team, ergo, they don't play anymore or a lot less than they used to. Losing our base and all what was Inside after 3 months of hoarding was already a kick in the ass. A kick we were more than willing to take provided 1.7.7 added some stability, balance and general value to the game.

Unfortunatly the patch added a kick in the balls to the kick in the ass. The response by the dev team added a slap in the face and the feedback from E3 a punch in the guts. All that at once proved to be a lot too much and, speaking for myself, i altogether lost my will to manage a team and invest myself in the game (and yes it takes some dedication).

Now i don't know if anything can fix the damages that have been made since most of us kept playing because of the faith they had put into the game slowly going in the right direction. Patch 1.7.7 proved it wasn't the case and patience for delays and bugs went from already thin to nonexistent.

Things being what they are i am not so sure even a rollback to the previous version will make any difference since trust in the dev team is gone but i am willing to give it a try. So my vote goes for back to old version or taviana (anything is better than 1.7.7).

But then i won't make any empty promises and i fear that if the "Player vs Zeds" aspect of the game takes preseance over "Player vs Player" i will be gone from Dayz mod AND Stand Alone for good and i suspect most of my team will make the same choice.

Only time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:01 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
I feel like I would find Taviana rather boring without something extra, I dont know, but I know you are right about how a vanilla tavi server would not attract too many people.

I kinda like the idea of having another map (i voted namalsk) running alongside, even if it had fewer players, but maybe at weekends we try to run a "Everyone go play namalsk and kill each other". Kinda like an event. Just a suggestion. It's quite easy to get decent military gear on that map so I could see it being attactive to players who cant get on during the week etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:21 pm 

IGN: [SFG] infected elvis
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 29.6 hrs
Humanity: 3,250

Murders: 0
Deaths: 5
Zombies Killed: 263

I'm not a bandit!
taviana will be cool

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:02 pm 

IGN: Julien
Current Life: 0.4 hrs
Time Alive: 0.4 hrs

Murders: 1
Deaths: 0
Zombies Killed: 4

I'm not a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
Just read the whole list. Man I hope these things really are fixed. The green items are delicious.

* [FIXED] - Crashsite loot spawn fixed.
* [FIXED] - LOS should now reset correct.
* [FIXED] - Updated Chopper Repair system to include hull and missiles.
* [FIXED] - Blood transfusion should now work properly.
* [FIXED] - Zeds can knock you unconscious again.
* [FIXED] - Issue with built items not display properly over the network.
* [FIXED] - Changing clothes while in a gear menu of a pile/vehicle/tent will no longer crash your game.
* [FIXED] - Fixed duplication of mags via combining/converting and duplication of tents/built items.
* [FIXED] - 100% damaged vehicles do not respawn anymore.
* [FIXED] - Added check to make sure no one is within 30 meters of zed spawning.
* [FIXED] - Fixed bandit detection for kills and humanity changes.
* [FIXED] - Fixed an issue where you wouldn't be able to pick up any loot.
* [FIXED] - Fixed an issue where bandaging an other player wouldn't bandage them.
* [FIXED] - Added a range check to zed attacks, no more 5-10 meter hits.

* [UPDATED] - Color saturation starts to fade out at blood level 9000
* [UPDATED] - Rest to provide a 1% chance to cure infection (Can only be done once every 5 mins) (hope we can alter this)
* [UPDATED] - Updated tackle to provide knockdown from back of player and push from other directions.
* [UPDATED] - Zed will now attack again while prone with animation.
* [UPDATED] - Updated tackle animations to an actual stumble/trip animation (holding a pistol remains unchanged).
* [UPDATED] - Reported bike damage is divided by 10.
* [UPDATED] - Much quicker login/loading.
* [UPDATED] - More reliable loot spawns.
* [UPDATED] - Infection rates are much lower (based on #zeds attacking you) viral zeds have 4x greater infection rates
* [UPDATED] - player knockdown by zeds should be less common.

* [REMOVED] - Wild Zeds while we try to debug issues with FPS.
* [REMOVED] - Zeds will no longer spawn while in vehicles.

Both Removed sections are removed while we attempt to debug FPS issues some clients are having.

Are these changes implemented already?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:03 pm 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
No, this is the fix they are making, was gonna be released today, so expect it in like 1 week

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:13 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Hey all ( Bonjour à tous^^ )

I am sorry i dont : speak, write and understand very well english.
But I am agree with Rodd and i prefer too return at 1.7.6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:32 pm 

IGN: VV4RRi0RX
Current Life: 6.9 hrs
Time Alive: 53.4 hrs
Humanity: -17,104

Murders: 21
Bandit Kills: 2
Deaths: 51
Zombies Killed: 772

I'm a bandit!
this vote isn't fair enough to me because it should have been done the DAY the mod came out, i'm not blaming anyone of course, and thank seaweed for at least proposing it now and also all the work he has dedicated for this server and more importantly, the community, which is US. (Cheers mate ! <3)

Why is this vote not fair ? Because now we are barely reaching 7-10 players on high spikes in the server. Because all the ones who would have voted for 1.7.6.1 left / ragequit this server because of this fubar patch. I do dislike this patch, but i'm a positive player, i always try to find alternatives and adapt my gameplay, because i'm not the kind to quit so easly. :)

Now the only ones left are me, fighting to convince myself this patch isn't this shitty, Rodd, connecting everyday and falling in a depression from loneliness and the lake of action because of this PvE only mod survive-eat-dead-restart-survive-eat-die-etc....

I know some of you will start throwing rocks at me and say "yeh ur a fgt rager u newb gtfo lel! teh nuw zimbie r so guud ! #swag#daizy#yolo#pokemon", but i don't care, i don't talk much in the forum i have to admit, but this time i think i had to move my ass and give my opinion to make some of those who voted or willing to vote for the 1.7.7, to let them know that if the server is going to stay like this, they'll be able to enjoy it ALONE, like selfish kids, because the few that are barely forcing themselves to stay because we all love this server are quickly going to get exhausted by this bullshit and leave.

Me included, i'm sorry. :'(
It doesn't mean i won't stay around and tuned about how it goes until something is done to bring the light that made me love this game. I've always been a PvP player in any game / mmo. got Top 10 team CoD4 ESL, Top 100 Arena 3v3 on WoW for 2 years, Top 50 BF2 roosters ESL for 3 years, and other FPS.

Seriously guys, think objectively and for the good fo the community not only as a selfish personal thought and wish.

This is just a part of what i had to say, but i don't want to be writing a TL;DR post.

What 1.7.7 look like for most of people [VIDEO]

IN SHORT FOR THE "TL;DR :D" :

- The server is dying slowly from an infection named 1.7.7.

- Vote for the good of the community not just your personal wish.

- Be smart, make the right decision and PEACE !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: i'm not blaming those who voted for 17.7 and understand the fact that they like the patch, it's absolutely normal.
Just saying my thoughts, i like everyone in this server, good lads, nice ambiance on the chat and fair play. :)

the vote is actually at

1.7.6.1 - |||||||||| [10]
1.7.7 - |||||||| [8]
Namalsk - ||| [3]
Taviana - ||||| [5]

Namalsk & Taviana have the same Patch build as the 1.7.6.1 (approximately)

To me, it is 18 VS 8. if we want to make of it a two sided choice.

Last edited by warriorx51 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:47 pm 

IGN: BeeR_JP
Time Alive: 54.5 hrs

Murders: 5
Bandit Kills: 1
Deaths: 31
Zombies Killed: 1,422

I'm not a bandit!
Even though 1.7.7 is broken and has ruined DayZ for me (at the time of writing) we have to stick with it and wait for the hotfix. As stated, this has happened before when the mod was still in it's infancy. They can and will get it wrong.

The majority of the BeeR crew have been on or are on holiday, so that's why we haven't been around so much recently.

I like Zed's being more dangerous, that's fine. What I really hate is that they're now ruining the game. Slow them down, or reduce their damage blah blah blah, something has to be done.

I'm looking forward to the hotfix.

Seaweed, Omen - don't worry about the decrease in numbers I can pretty much guarantee that this is just temporary.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:47 pm 

No Gamer Profile
[MaD] i am hoping that today's (prob not today) hotfix will address some of these issues that make the game suck. i miss everyone on the server.

once those are fixed, i know seaweed will massage the code and get us what we want. ive seen him do it and im amazed at what he can pull of if hes not too tipsy or distracted by Elite! i really want to give this patch a try and pray everything will be fixed this week.

i will also try and think of things we can view/take part in off the server (web based) so if anyone has any cool ideas, speak up. without the community, there would be no ZeroSurvival!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:51 pm 

I'm a bandit!
SNM! Omen wrote:
[MaD] i am hoping that today's (prob not today) hotfix will address some of these issues that make the game suck. i miss everyone on the server.

once those are fixed, i know seaweed will massage the code and get us what we want. ive seen him do it and im amazed at what he can pull of if hes not too tipsy or distracted by Elite! i really want to give this patch a try and pray everything will be fixed this week.

i will also try and think of things we can view/take part in off the server (web based) so if anyone has any cool ideas, speak up. without the community, there would be no ZeroSurvival!

I miss our Squad's fight at Elektro & other strategic spots <3 :'(

We need a rollback seriously or atleast something that fix Zed's & Infection...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:56 pm 

IGN: TooHighToFly
Time Alive: 452.6 hrs
Humanity: -134,510

Murders: 92
Bandit Kills: 68
Deaths: 127
Zombies Killed: 2,957

I'm a bandit!
I feel like a lot of people are voting 1.7.7 because they dont realise the other maps would be on another server, not replacing it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:24 pm 

IGN: BeeR_JP
Time Alive: 54.5 hrs

Murders: 5
Bandit Kills: 1
Deaths: 31
Zombies Killed: 1,422

I'm not a bandit!
Crack open another map on another server and I'll be there straight away.

:D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:42 am 

IGN: Deathdude
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 96.0 hrs

Murders: 14
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 26
Zombies Killed: 2,053

I'm not a bandit!
id be happy with whatver change to be honest, my group will also be playing more again seen as sharpy now has a new PC and can now get more then 10 FPS inside towns. Me and Coffmad just need to teach him be less friendly now :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:56 am 

I'm a bandit!
If they fix Zed's speedhack and weird aggro + Antibiotics rarity, this patch could be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:05 pm 

No Gamer Profile
tom, sirus, killswitch and i played some namalsk yesterday. i forgot how fun and unforgiving, yet forgiving that map is. namalsk giveth and it taketh away.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:04 pm 

IGN: SizQo
Current Life: 1.1 hrs
Time Alive: 138.9 hrs
Humanity: -115,140

Murders: 72
Bandit Kills: 31
Deaths: 52
Zombies Killed: 3,110

I'm a bandit!
Honestly, I don't mind playing 1.7.7, but when there's noone to play with/against, it gets boring.

I voted for Namalask, as I have not played or explored that map yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:25 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Hey all.
I go test Namalsk tonight. Its an cold map no ?
See you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
I'm loading 1.7.7.1 right now before anyone asks...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:53 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Hey Seaweed.
I want to connect but server send an password.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next