Login |  Register |  FAQ

Steam Group

Teamspeak Server

Server Statistics

Facebook Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next

Server Changelog

Post subject: Re: Server Changelog
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:18 am 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed
Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
Eberteby wrote:
* [NEW] - Clear Ground around crash sites added but disabled by default, server admins can enable.

Hope this doesn't fucks up the flying in crash sites though cause I love that :D

It might do initially but they'll be one of the first things on my list to get working again :)

Most of our mods will require some minor changes to add back in, I imagine most will be back within a week or so from patch release, basebuilding is the one which will probably be longest.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:36 am 

IGN: eberteby
Current Life: 9.8 hrs
Time Alive: 860.1 hrs
Humanity: -235,384

Murders: 152
Bandit Kills: 159
Deaths: 352
Zombies Killed: 4,720

I'm a bandit!
Did you read about the new chopper crash? Mayby you could implement it so that they spawn TOP tier guns, just like the old russian ones that would spawn AK/AKM/M4a1 CCO for example, just an idea :) Don't know how hard it is to make :p

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Eberteby wrote:
Did you read about the new chopper crash? Mayby you could implement it so that they spawn TOP tier guns, just like the old russian ones that would spawn AK/AKM/M4a1 CCO for example, just an idea :) Don't know how hard it is to make :p

Yeah there's two loot tables for crash sites already but with changes to the code there are room for even more, each with their own loot tables.

One thing I have been looking at is maybe changing the table for some of the buildings and creating my own table for those buildings. They have done the same thing in the new patch for churches. We will see how the new patch works first though :)

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:18 am 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
I was most exited about the un-gimping of the Humvee inventory. It's my favorite vehicle as it hauls ass off-road like nothing else and has a bigger fuel capacity than most vehicles. Only vehicle that has a bigger fuel capacity than it besides air vehicles is the Ural. Also, most people might not know that it's got a GPS, just like the SUV.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:44 pm 

I'm a bandit!
Just a question about this magical chopper crash :)

Does it fly in like AI choppers? And just it just dissapears after dropping the magical stuff? Or do you want to 'hide' this stuff and let us find out xD

Love this addition though even before I found one

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Eberteby wrote:
Just a question about this magical chopper crash :)

Does it fly in like AI choppers? And just it just dissapears after dropping the magical stuff? Or do you want to 'hide' this stuff and let us find out xD

Love this addition though even before I found one

It flies to a random waypoint then its point of crash and explodes, this is a different thing to the video I showed you the other day, still working on the carepackages ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:58 am 

IGN: FluffyScarecrow
Current Life: 6.9 hrs
Time Alive: 29.1 hrs
Humanity: 867

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 3
Zombies Killed: 272

I'm not a bandit!
I hope my bad feeling that this new chopper will be a death squad until it crashes is wrong...

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:36 pm 

IGN: Deathdude
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 96.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 14
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 26
Zombies Killed: 2,053

I'm not a bandit!
im assuming this is one of your updates seaweed?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Changelog updated :)

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Deathdude wrote:
im assuming this is one of your updates seaweed?

Guess the cats out the bag now ;)

I heard the accidental night time yesterday worked perfectly with no bugged full moon so I'm trying GMT -3 tonight...

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:57 am 

IGN: DrChino
Time Alive: 46.9 hrs
Humanity: 147

Murders: 42
Bandit Kills: 14
Deaths: 99
Zombies Killed: 983

I'm not a bandit!
Seeing as smelting has been taken out, could you make tank traps spawn a bit more? Can't seem to find any at all at the moment!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:43 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
DrChino wrote:
Seeing as smelting has been taken out, could you make tank traps spawn a bit more? Can't seem to find any at all at the moment!

Tank traps are already very common at all industrial loot points, I do have plans for a carepackage of basebuilding supplies to be dropped soon though....

Also Changelog updated.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:37 am 

IGN: Deathdude
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 96.0 hrs

Murders: 14
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 26
Zombies Killed: 2,053

I'm not a bandit!
you are like a machine in pumping out these updates seaweed :D

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:08 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
New things!

Quote:
- Basebuilding supply drops - I am using the AI controlled Ospreys I added to parachute basebuilding supply care packages into the level. They will drop the supplies up north in the same sort of area as crash sites, although slightly wider. The care packages themselves will fire a flare (useful at night) and smoke when they first parachute down. The loot for these is very much a first attempt and I'm sure will need tweaking from what I saw yesterday, which is why your feedback is important. Up to 3 ospreys will fly in per server restart and they will drop up to 6 care packages each.

Any time you see a care package in game now it should be one of the dynamic ones, I checked some of the loot yesterday and it definitely needs some adjustments, I need feedback from you guys for this too so get hunting for them!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:56 am 

IGN: Lt. Shan Drew
Current Life: 3.1 hrs
Time Alive: 53.5 hrs

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 11
Zombies Killed: 269

I'm not a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
New things!

Quote:
- Basebuilding supply drops - I am using the AI controlled Ospreys I added to parachute basebuilding supply care packages into the level. They will drop the supplies up north in the same sort of area as crash sites, although slightly wider. The care packages themselves will fire a flare (useful at night) and smoke when they first parachute down. The loot for these is very much a first attempt and I'm sure will need tweaking from what I saw yesterday, which is why your feedback is important. Up to 3 ospreys will fly in per server restart and they will drop up to 6 care packages each.

Any time you see a care package in game now it should be one of the dynamic ones, I checked some of the loot yesterday and it definitely needs some adjustments, I need feedback from you guys for this too so get hunting for them!

Ffs! I saw a flare before I went to work a few hours ago, didn't know what it was so I ran away like a wuss >.<

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:24 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
shandrew82 wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
New things!

Quote:

Ffs! I saw a flare before I went to work a few hours ago, didn't know what it was so I ran away like a wuss >.<

:lol: The flares look so epic I think I will probably launch a few in my next update :D

I spent hours last night trying to get the osprey into autohover before it dropped the packages to try and make it a bit more obvious to other players that one was coming down. It's tricky though, I did increase the drop height to 300metres though so if you are nearby you will see the parachute coming down at least.

There's not enough loot points at each package currently (only around 4) but I will be changing this tonight :)

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
30/05/2013
- Gut Humans - I finished modifying the dayz 2017 code to run in the chernarus mission file. You can gut humans, you will get a random amount of raw meat up to 3. There is a chance you will cut yourself and loose 1000 blood in the process of gutting them! You will lose -250 humanity for your evil deed.
- Remove Clothing Tweak - When removing clothing from a corpse there is now a 40% chance the clothes will tear.
- Animated Care Package Tweaks - Higher percentage chance of finding industrial loot, more loot per carepackage. I also made the flares the carepackages fire at night when dropped go a bit higher which should mean they are in the air for longer and more visible.
- Anti hack Update

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:40 pm 

IGN: [JT]X25Keanesta
Time Alive: 113.7 hrs
Humanity: 778

Murders: 7
Bandit Kills: 6
Deaths: 65
Zombies Killed: 1,396

I'm not a bandit!
Did you figure out the hovering ospreys yet?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
x25keanesta wrote:
Did you figure out the hovering ospreys yet?

Nah gonna take some work for that, only way to make them go into hover is place an invisible helipad for them to land on, then delete it at the right time after they drop the package so they just hover and fly off.

I have big plans though, there's a back door on it too I want to try and get to open too :D

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:38 pm 

IGN: [JT]X25Keanesta
Time Alive: 113.7 hrs
Humanity: 778

Bandit Kills: 6
Deaths: 65
Zombies Killed: 1,396

I'm not a bandit!
I just thought of something I think would be pretty cool. If there was a heli to spawn, then I think it would be very cool if it flew in or something and then like fell to the ground and landed and broke completely but didn't explode, and resulted in a heli just like a normal new spawn heli would be. I can see that people might think that this is dumb because people nearby would hear it and therefore it would be easily found, but maybe there could be a way it could work. Just thought of it and it seemed interesting and cool.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:12 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
x25keanesta wrote:
I just thought of something I think would be pretty cool. If there was a heli to spawn, then I think it would be very cool if it flew in or something and then like fell to the ground and landed and broke completely but didn't explode, and resulted in a heli just like a normal new spawn heli would be. I can see that people might think that this is dumb because people nearby would hear it and therefore it would be easily found, but maybe there could be a way it could work. Just thought of it and it seemed interesting and cool.

Unfortunately adding vehicles that are synced to the database is a lot more complex than spawning one in that is there until a server restart.... It would indeed be a cool way to create heli spawns though

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
This will be live after the next restart

- Humanity increase over time reinstated - Back when the server was quiet I removed the humanity gain over time unless a play had less than -50k humanity. This was because the rate of increase was so high even bandits had trouble keeping their bandit status. Those low player count days are long gone and I have added the gain back in. However it is at one third the rate of normal dayz.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:24 pm 

IGN: Timmymachine109
Current Life: 0.5 hrs
Time Alive: 35.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,875

Bandit Kills: 5
Deaths: 24
Zombies Killed: 747

I'm not a bandit!
Love it :)

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:41 am 

I'm a bandit!
Love the change of tearing a clothing when you strip it :)

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:10 pm 

No Gamer Profile
Seaweed wrote:
This will be live after the next restart

- Humanity increase over time reinstated - Back when the server was quiet I removed the humanity gain over time unless a play had less than -50k humanity. This was because the rate of increase was so high even bandits had trouble keeping their bandit status. Those low player count days are long gone and I have added the gain back in. However it is at one third the rate of normal dayz.

for everyone? or just the people under 50k? cuz man, we 100k'ers were getting jipped HARD!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next