Current Life: 11.8 hrs
Time Alive: 1242.5 hrs
Humanity: -193,116

Murders: 162
Bandit Kills: 69
Deaths: 122
Zombies Killed: 7,911

I'm a bandit!
You can now find a range of custom military skins on our servers. They can be found in a clothing parcel just like a ghillie suit or camo clothing, however this is a special clothing parcel. You will get one of 5 random skins when you put it on. Beware if you ever take your new skin off it will turn to civilian clothing so you only get one roll of the random skin dice per parcel.

Hope you enjoy the new variety of clothes, these parcels should be pretty rare I recommend trying crash sites/barracks and other military locations.

Other things on the way very soon:

- EVENTS!
- New weapons - I have found some more new guns we can bring in very soon! They will be tested in the dm server first...
- Base building - I have this partially functioning so far on the test server

Post subject: Re: New - Custom Skins
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:53 pm 

IGN: AdjustedJunk
Current Life: 0.0 hrs
Time Alive: 514.3 hrs
Humanity: 16,565

Murders: 11
Bandit Kills: 4
Zombies Killed: 2,550

I'm a hero!
That's great news! Will definitely be on the lookout for those new skins. Also, can't wait for Base-building to go LIVE. I've already started hoarding building materials :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:16 pm 

I'm a hero!
Chopper crashes may have been broken last night. Me and Omen did not find a single Heli crash despite flying around 70-80% of the map about an hour before restart.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

IGN: Seaweed

I'm a bandit!
AdjustedJunk wrote:
Chopper crashes may have been broken last night. Me and Omen did not find a single Heli crash despite flying around 70-80% of the map about an hour before restart.

Haha then you missed the crazy bugged ones today that were shitting out nothing but like 10 SVD_Camos

All is fixed now, I have also added 2 more player skins to the random selection and some more loot enhancements.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:08 am 

I'm a hero!
Missed those, but I have seen some before with like 7 SVD Camos, 2 SVD's, M24, and a few other guns...sometimes even with a DMR(or 2) in the bunch. Don't really like the SVD camos though, so not great finds for me anyway lol.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:13 am 

IGN: Deathdude
Current Life: 0.1 hrs
Time Alive: 96.0 hrs
Humanity: 2,500

Murders: 14
Bandit Kills: 7
Deaths: 26
Zombies Killed: 2,053

I'm not a bandit!
while it was glitched yesterday we found choppers with 3 mk48's, 4 DMR's and 4 NVG's around them... you missed out on the fun :D

Vehicle repairing and (possibly) refuelling were bugged last night though, the server wasn't registering any repairs we did and occasionally not registering refuelling. We wasted 4 car wheels this way :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:58 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Deathdude wrote:
while it was glitched yesterday we found choppers with 3 mk48's, 4 DMR's and 4 NVG's around them... you missed out on the fun :D

Vehicle repairing and (possibly) refuelling were bugged last night though, the server wasn't registering any repairs we did and occasionally not registering refuelling. We wasted 4 car wheels this way :(

Thanks wasn't aware of repair issues I'll take a look myself this evening.

edit: I had a quick look from work, believe I know what the problem was and have made a change to hopefully fix it will test tonight though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:12 am 

I'm a hero!
Seaweed wrote:
Deathdude wrote:

Sometimes vehicles get glitched/bugged and you have to fix a few parts and that FULLY repairs them. If you don't repair all the parts it "says" it needs, then I think it goes back to it's original condition after re-start.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:15 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
AdjustedJunk wrote:
Seaweed wrote:
Deathdude wrote:

Sometimes vehicles get glitched/bugged and you have to fix a few parts and that FULLY repairs them. If you don't repair all the parts it "says" it needs, then I think it goes back to it's original condition after re-start.

I left some code in by mistake from the basebuilding mod I've been testing on my test server, I believe this could have caused vehicle repair issues yesterday. It's gone now anyway so hopefully everything is back working 100%.

Looks like Sirus found one of the new skins already :)

Let me know if you think they aren't rare enough guys, I found a new method to alter loot tables making this skin mod. This basically means I have almost full control of how rare items are now.

If there's loot adjustments you'd like to see made post some feedback to the forums. You should notice sniper rifles are slightly rarer since my update yesterday particularly DMR's.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:11 am 

IGN: ext1nct
Current Life: 0.6 hrs
Time Alive: 51.2 hrs
Humanity: 2,725

Murders: 1
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 37
Zombies Killed: 549

I'm not a bandit!
Think i got one. Not sure as i survived about 3 minutes with it. Amazing gear. Looked like an anti terrorist unit. Balaclava, massive sort of crash helmet, and amazing cammo gear. Looked great, but unfortunately didn't stop me getting bitten to death :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:28 am 

I'm a hero!
Got a sweet one today. Similar to Omen's Soldier uniform but this one displays your clan Logo on it's sleeve(FUCKING AWESOME!).

A another note, it appears that while wearing these custom skins, the wearer is unable to hide Zombie bodies. Why, idk.

Also, there seems to be an issue where other players are unable to enter vehicles that are being driven by players in these custom skins as both Lemon and his friend were unable to enter my vehicle until I exited it. There were multiple occasions of this during the short time we played together, and with various vehicles.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:36 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
AdjustedJunk wrote:
Got a sweet one today. Similar to Omen's Soldier uniform but this one displays your clan Logo on it's sleeve(FUCKING AWESOME!).

A another note, it appears that while wearing these custom skins, the wearer is unable to hide Zombie bodies. Why, idk.

Also, there seems to be an issue where other players are unable to enter vehicles that are being driven by players in these custom skins as both Lemon and his friend were unable to enter my vehicle until I exited it. There were multiple occasions of this during the short time we played together, and with various vehicles.

Thanks AJ I thought there would be a few little bugs like this from using ARMA classes rather than DayZ ones.

I Love that some of the skins have logos on the arms looks bad ass :D Some of them also come with the following, map compass, radio, also sometimes nvgs, gps. I've tried to make them as rare as possible for this reason...

I'll see if there's anything I can do about the driving issue though by bringing some more code over, the gear that comes with the skin I can't stop without making new classes which requires client downloads.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:42 am 

I'm a hero!
http://imgur.com/a/FAWIn#0

Dibs on the Chuck Norris one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
I have a Heisenberg face on my dude atm AJ <3 DrDentist

I am worried about the rate the Soldier skins are currently spawning at, they should in theory be 7 times less common than a ghillie suit.

The question is are ghillie suits still spawning since the soldier skins were introduced? I haven't seen one in a while anyone else?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:57 pm 

I'm a hero!
I've found 3 Soldier skins in the last few days, but no Ghillie suits. They were found @ Barracks(2 NEA, 1 NWAF I think). I have yet to find any skin in Heli crashes since these custom skins were implemented. I have found about 3-4 un-looted Heli crashes within that time. Just to give you an idea. I also noticed we're spawning with one of these skins in our inventory in the Deathmatch servers, as well as M107's in our back-packs. For those who didn't know. Already killed my first group of AI Bandits there btw. It was a bit funny, after the first one went down, the rest just popped smoke grenades rather than trying to seek cover. Made for some easy pickings lol.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
AdjustedJunk wrote:
I've found 3 Soldier skins in the last few days, but no Ghillie suits. They were found @ Barracks(2 NEA, 1 NWAF I think). I have yet to find any skin in Heli crashes since these custom skins were implemented. I have found about 3-4 un-looted Heli crashes within that time. Just to give you an idea. I also noticed we're spawning with one of these skins in our inventory in the Deathmatch servers, as well as M107's in our back-packs. For those who didn't know. Already killed my first group of AI Bandits there btw. It was a bit funny, after the first one went down, the rest just popped smoke grenades rather than trying to seek cover. Made for some easy pickings lol.

Hmmm not sounding good so far, I've seen a lot of the new skins looted recently so something will need to change. I'll keep experimenting there may be another loot substitution I can try.

Yeah I changed the loadout on the DM server yesterday thought people might want to practise shooting choppers down with the M107 lol. The AI can be really easy to kill as long as you see them before they see you ....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:57 am 

I'm a hero!
Do they spawn where there's players, like Z's, or are they just constantly spawned and can track players down like fucking bloodhounds? Because I was moving out of Electro the other day(was already WELL into the woods to the North) when I think I started taking fire from Bandit AI, then I got the drop on a group of AI, which I assumed were the ones shooting at me. Turns out, they were survivor AI, and I was killed after dropping 2-3 of them, by and AI in a Hero Skin no less lol.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
I won't bother creating a new thread for it but the main server now spawns some variants of the MK17 (SCAR) I'll let you guys discover just how many different types there are to find. Some will come with MK17 mags others stanag, all accept stanag once you run out of MK17 mags though.

I also added a couple more guns, attempted to tweak the percentages on some different loot items, and hopefully added functionality to remove parts from vehicles.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:22 pm 

IGN: Lt. Shan Drew
Current Life: 3.1 hrs
Time Alive: 53.5 hrs

Murders: 0
Bandit Kills: 0
Deaths: 11
Zombies Killed: 269

I'm not a bandit!
Seaweed wrote:
I have a Heisenberg face on my dude atm AJ <3 DrDentist

I am worried about the rate the Soldier skins are currently spawning at, they should in theory be 7 times less common than a ghillie suit.

The question is are ghillie suits still spawning since the soldier skins were introduced? I haven't seen one in a while anyone else?

I looted a soldier uniform this morning. I usually have bad luck with loot, so I felt very lucky. Still would prefer a ghillie, but I'm not complaining :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:41 am 

I'm a hero!
Seaweed wrote:
I won't bother creating a new thread for it but the main server now spawns some variants of the MK17 (SCAR) I'll let you guys discover just how many different types there are to find. Some will come with MK17 mags others stanag, all accept stanag once you run out of MK17 mags though.

I also added a couple more guns, attempted to tweak the percentages on some different loot items, and hopefully added functionality to remove parts from vehicles.

Great to hear about the Mk17(SCAR) but what's that last part mean exactly?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:03 am 

I'm not a bandit!
why do i get the feeling that the next time i log in our vehicles are gonna have no engine/wheels/fueltank? :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:14 am 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
AdjustedJunk wrote:
Seaweed wrote:

Great to hear about the Mk17(SCAR) but what's that last part mean exactly?

If you have a toolbox on you and you find a broken vehicle you can remove parts from it and add them to your inventory for use on another vehicle. I think it only works for wheels glass and engine parts but I'm not entirely sure.

I was having problems making it work 100% in my test server yesterday the extra options should pop up when you mousewheel on a car but it wasn't always showing up. Let me know how you guys get on, if its not working I should have it sorted within a few days.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:06 pm 

I'm not a bandit!
i couldn't get repair options to show up at all today for any of our vehicles, or vehicles that weren't ours ;) (specificly a uaz and a tractor [though i believe tractor repair has always been bugged on dayz?]). i played for about 40 minutes before this post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Deathdude wrote:
i couldn't get repair options to show up at all today for any of our vehicles, or vehicles that weren't ours ;) (specificly a uaz and a tractor [though i believe tractor repair has always been bugged on dayz?]). i played for about 40 minutes before this post

Yeah spoke to AJ about this earlier I know the issue its from the vehicle strip parts script I will be removing it and restarting the server shortly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a bandit!
Ok strip parts script has gone now till I figure out the bugs it has.

Repairs and refuled should be back working again (provided you are the driver of the vehicle)

I see no one found an MK17 yet, first person to find one wins a can of beans!